Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Selling Inspire 1 to upgrade to Inspire Pro - advice pls...

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to sell my dual operator Inspire 1, which I've had for a year or so, as am thinking about getting a Pro. I haven't used it that much, but recently took my P3P to Australia and came away with some beautiful photos. It's an amazing craft, but having processed my photos in Lightroom I've come away thinking that a) stills is what I enjoy the most, and b) the P3P/I1 camera is just not quite high enough quality.

Can anyone advise me on whether I would be better off selling the Inspire as a single controller sale, and then selling the second controller separately (or maybe even keeping it) or whether I will actually get £250+ more for the sale if I sell as a dual setup. I know it's a bit "finger in the air", but I'm just looking for opinions from anyone a bit ebay savvy.

It seems that buying a pro is better than upgrading from an Inspire 1 to a pro, for a number of reasons, including the fact that it seems to cost more to upgrade than to sell and buy again.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Final question - and this is a stupid one...what is the product cycle for these Inspires? Are people expecting an Inspire 2 to pop up in the next few months, and if so, will that also ripple through to an Inspire 2 Pro, or is that still a very long way off? Just can't stand buying stuff that becomes obsolete very quickly.

thanks, Richard

Last edited:
Hey Richard, those are some very good questions. I would keep the second controller as it will pair with the Inspire Pro you are potentially getting and you could use it for a dedicated camera control. Price depends on the condition and the version 658a, 658b, 658c each of these progressively are worth more. Yes you would be much better off to buy the pro rather than upgrading the Inspire 1. As far as an Inspire 2, we haven't been told about anything on the horizon, Although the recent price drops do on a historical basis call for a new version to surface soon. I have no idea if or when that could be.

Reactions: damoncooper
thanks Ralph. Yeah it's the eternal question. certainly an Inspire 2 Pro which had a forward facing FPV type camera would be handy when flyign around with a 45mm lens strapped on, as I'm not sure how well i'll be able to adjust my bearings if the focal length is always different. If, as you say, the price has just been dropped then it possibly makes some sense to wait a few weeks and see what develops. This is the time of year for new releases I would have thought, so I might sit tight for a little bit longer.

Good advice re the second controller. I can always sell it separately if i'm not going to keep it, after all.

I just spoke with my guy at DJI and he says nothing is coming out soon! I can't promise that is true but he always tells me straight up. I look for something in early 2017 to come out. That's just my guess.

fair enough. given the RAW has only just started shipping, it would be pretty outrageous to replace it with the RAW 2 in the next few months.

i'd shop around for an x5 camera without a lens i managed to get a new one for £1100 then bought olympus 12mm for it used at £350 thats £1450 for a good camera and lens i think i had a good deal , hope you manage to find one.

Just keep the Inspire 1 with the x3. It produces excellent results as is.
Perhaps if and when DJI comes out with an Inspire 2, then you can re assess then but for now, doesn't make sense to upgrade to the x5 system for marginal quality improvements.
Clients won't notice the difference!

Reactions: gazbpool

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669