Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Serial Number

Reaction score
Ok.... I know this is a very stupid question, but I have 2 QR codes and 2 bar codes on my new I2. Resulting in 3 different numbers. One of QR codes is printed on the inside of the left battery compartment along with other I2/FCC compliance info, and one appears to be a white square sticker on the opposite side. Both have different numbers. This is also complicated by the "Assemble S/N:" and the "Repeater S/N:" numbers that were printed on the cardboard wrap that was around the case. The "sticker" number that is on the right side of the drone does match the "Assemble S/N" but that seems a bit odd since the sticker is more temporary. To clarify, I have 3 separate numbers. "Assemble S/N" (matches printed sticker), "Repeater S/N", and the QR printed along with the other Inspire 2 info in the left battery compartment.

So, with all that "droning on" background.. Which is the correct number to use to register the drone with the FAA?

Ima,minder the impression that the faa number is licensed to the pilot, so we can have unlimited aircraft as long as we put the far number inside the battery compartment. I registered a long time ago and cannot remember if I had to give the aircraft serial number. I just use a label maker and put my number inside the battery compartment of all my drones. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Typically if you registered it already just go back to the same site enter all your information and your number should be available

Typically if you registered it already just go back to the same site enter all your information and your number should be available

It registered for me automatically the first time I started the DJI Go 4 app and had the aircraft connected.. Which site are you referring to? DJI.com?

if u had a drone register with FAA before use the same # , registering the bird for waranty or purchase is done thru app to di

if u had a drone register with FAA before use the same # , registering the bird for waranty or purchase is done thru app to di

I have registered other drones and the FAA requests the serial number of the aircraft that is being registered, so the same number should not be correct. I'm guessing there are 3 serial numbers from DJI. The Aircraft, the Remote Controller and the Camera. I'm sure the Aircraft SN is what is wanted for the FAA registration, I'm just not sure which is the right one. I can't seem to find it in the manual either. I must be blind, or just not understanding this correctly.

Mine is on the backplate of the Inspire v2not sure where the I2 would be located Maybe near the base of the battery bay

Yes mine is a sticker !! And I do agree with you especially what we pay for and if it's ever stolen ...

Mav all your bird have the same Faa# or not? use it you will be fine i have 2 quads i heli plus fixed wind rcs all have same # wish is my name info etc, your # will be the one on the box and the matching sticker when the shipped to you the record the SN on the box,so the store knows your serial #,

Faa dont care your SN # if i give you my FAA # and you stick it to your drone and you get in trouble they will be looking at me not you

SN ownership will be on your DJI acct proof of purchase is better to record SN with FAA but not a required # specially if you have a few birds, if it get stolen FAA wont do anything to find it, that your insure police etc job

Reactions: Advexure
I used the "Assemble S/N. You will see both the "Assemble S/N" and "Repeater S/N" on the sticker on the box, but the "Assemble" number is on the airctaft, and that's the number used for DJ I Refresh, so that's the number I used for the FAA registration. Although you can register the aircraft without any number I believe.

I used the "Assemble S/N. You will see both the "Assemble S/N" and "Repeater S/N" on the sticker on the box, but the "Assemble" number is on the airctaft, and that's the number used for DJ I Refresh, so that's the number I used for the FAA registration. Although you can register the aircraft without any number I believe.

For commercial use you need AC serial

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko