Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shipping my defective battery back to DJI - Hazmat?

Reaction score
So DJI appears to have agreed to repair or replace my defective battery under warranty. They have sent me a shipping label, but it is not a hazmat label. As I understand it, the shipper (in this case me) is responsible for labeling hazmat correctly, and declaring the nature of the shipped material. Not doing so subjects one to substantial penalties, and even more massive liabilities should there be an incident.

The battery in question is the TB47 that came with my Inspire and I bought it locally from a dealer, so I picked it up in person. Later I bought some TB48 batteries, over the internet, and they were shipped to me as declared hazmat.

Has anyone shipped their battery to DJI using the DJI label and admitted to FedEx that the package contained a lithium battery, and had it accepted into their system?

FedEx battery shipping info I am reading is here:

Shipping Lithium Batteries & Dangerous Goods | FedEx Indonesia

So DJI appears to have agreed to repair or replace my defective battery under warranty. They have sent me a shipping label, but it is not a hazmat label. As I understand it, the shipper (in this case me) is responsible for labeling hazmat correctly, and declaring the nature of the shipped material. Not doing so subjects one to substantial penalties, and even more massive liabilities should there be an incident.

The battery in question is the TB47 that came with my Inspire and I bought it locally from a dealer, so I picked it up in person. Later I bought some TB48 batteries, over the internet, and they were shipped to me as declared hazmat.

Has anyone shipped their battery to DJI using the DJI label and admitted to FedEx that the package contained a lithium battery, and had it accepted into their system?

FedEx battery shipping info I am reading is here:

Shipping Lithium Batteries & Dangerous Goods | FedEx Indonesia
In the UK the Post Office / Royal Mail refuse to accept any batteries so it is almost impossible to return LiPo batteries.

ive had them mailed to me multiple times with no such label on them, funny you have to label it to send it back, lol!

I had mine replaced a few months ago. I use the usps.com site to print a label, brought it into the Post Office, and explained that it was a lithium battery. The guy said, "OK", and tossed it onto the pile.

I've had that discussion with the UPPS about a broken phone, and they were fine with it as you mentioned. FedEx isn't, and that is the label that DJI sent me. So now I am waiting for a new label.

The liability falls upon the shipper. So what they choose to do when shipping outbound isn't my financial responsibility, although I do have a concern if they are shipping hazmat unmarked and illegally.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komalss