Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shou not working iOS 9. Help!

Reaction score
So I downloaded shou from cydia the other day and I'm wondering why it's not working when it says its compatible with iOS 9. I'm not sure if it's a dependency problem or what. I mean I've double checked everything and it just does not want to work. Does anyone have any suggestions or know if it is working for iOS 9? Thanks for the help! Also it resprings my device when I hit the record button. Thanks

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 8
Only asking because you didn't say it specifically, but are you running iOS 9.0 or 9.1? Also, what iOS device are you using?

I might not be the best person to help though. I haven't used Shou in several months because my Mini 2 seemed to struggle running it with the Go App at the same time.

It's a bigger problem than adaptive touch. The app does not run at all...zero...nada under 9.0 or 9.1 for me. Opens with a error that basically says "not compatible". They need to get squared away with Apple before it will work and I hope that's soon cause I really miss it.

I was wondering because it says compatible but I guess not. I'm running 9.0.2 and yes I'm jailbroken. I hope they fix this issue soon that is one of my favorite tweaks!

I hope there is a fix soon. Shou updated the app just a moment ago and it is still not fixed.

I'm sure Apple has developed some awesome tweaks that we as the public will never see you know? But if we let Apple do all the developing we would all be stuck in the Stone Age and even worse behind android losers lol no offense intended

No I've been in contact with the developer and the API they used has literally been removed . You always had to side load the recorded / broadcast app as it was using non-public API's. It won't be back in iOS 9 anytime soon if ever.

No I've been in contact with the developer and the API they used has literally been removed . You always had to side load the recorded / broadcast app as it was using non-public API's. It won't be back in iOS 9 anytime soon if ever.
That's too bad. A screen recorder is almost a necessity. Maybe it should be part of the DJI app!

That's too bad. A screen recorder is almost a necessity. Maybe it should be part of the DJI app!

Apple DOES offer an SDK now in iOS9 that allows app developers to offer screen recording to their customers, but the app developer has to add that to their app.

DJI could use this in iOS9 and above to add screen recording of them wanted to.

Shou works great for me on iOS8. The API was removed from iOS9. It ain't coming back there unless they find another way to do what they do.

Confused by your earlier post. If there is an Apple SDK then why can't Shou use it. Guess I don't understand SDK verses API. Please explain to this dummy.

Confused by your earlier post. If there is an Apple SDK then why can't Shou use it. Guess I don't understand SDK verses API. Please explain to this dummy.

:). No worries.

Apple added a new SDK in iOS9 that application developers can use to offer screen recording in their own app - if they so choose.

But Shou was using an API in IOS8 that allowed it to record and broadcast the screen of ANY app. That magical API is sadly now gone.

It's up to each app developer to implement the new SDK if they choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips