Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Since when does National Trust Control Airspace

Reaction score
National Trust look after many UK Landmarks, since when do they get to control the airspace?

National Trust look after many UK Landmarks, since when do they get to control the airspace?

Since they have laws (Bylaws) which were passed after they were gifted in trust the land/parks by the crown.
They are unique in this respect have protection from 1965 bylaws regarding flying of powered model aircraft.
The Bylaws are currently under review (and legal challenge) but currently they are in force as granted by the Secretary of State in 1965.

Please have a search on the forum - this question has come up previously

My understanding is that they can stop you taking off from their land but cannot prevent you overflying their land as long as you are at a height of at least 50m and do not fly over people, vessels, vehicles or structures that are not under your control.

But maybe I'm wrong?

Reactions: Birdseye
My understanding is that they can stop you taking off from their land but cannot prevent you overflying their land as long as you are at a height of at least 50m and do not fly over people, vessels, vehicles or structures that are not under your control.

But maybe I'm wrong?

I would agree as local laws state

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan