Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SkyWatch insurance

Reaction score
Do any of you use SkyWatch online drone ins?
U can pay hourly, monthly, or yearly..
$500 a year
$60 a month
$10 an hour
I have my 107 and is there better ins. I should know about especially since I’m going to be flying commercially?
Thank u..

$500 a year
$60 a month
$10 an hour
I have my 107 and is there better ins. I should know about especially since I’m going to be flying commercially?
Thank u..

Moved to correct section.

Try using search....

There are many other threads on Insurance covering both hull and liability/commercial and recreational.

$500 a year
$60 a month
$10 an hour
Thank u..
I realize this is from a few months ago, but I looked at the big 3 drone insurance providers (including Skywatch) earlier this year, along with a quote from my business insurance broker. My takeaway is that non-drone insurers are used to insuring airplanes and charge accordingly. In my opinion, anybody flying commercial operations in the US is better off with one of the big three drone-specific providers:
The annual quote for my fleet of 5 drones was $4500 from my business insurance provider (Chubb) and that's without hull insurance. I ended up getting the "fly anything, fly any time" policy from Skywatch for about $750/year.

I realize this is from a few months ago, but I looked at the big 3 drone insurance providers (including Skywatch) earlier this year, along with a quote from my business insurance broker. My takeaway is that non-drone insurers are used to insuring airplanes and charge accordingly. In my opinion, anybody flying commercial operations in the US is better off with one of the big three drone-specific providers:
The annual quote for my fleet of 5 drones was $4500 from my business insurance provider (Chubb) and that's without hull insurance. I ended up getting the "fly anything, fly any time" policy from Skywatch for about $750/year.
Again, acknowledging this is a bit old news, but appreciate hearing you navigate this.

as someone who doesn’t fly that much (especially this year), Skywatch is a great solution!

Reactions: CoreySnipes
I have Skywatch 1MM with Hull Insurance. Paid 740 for the year with a discount, Thanksgiving day was flying a Phantom P4V2 in Akutan Alaska when I suffered a loss of connection and the drone decided to fly away vs come back to home point. Claim process was relatively simple and after a 280 deductible against the 2K coverage I was able to apply that amount towards my new drone and they say go big or go home. Hello Inspire 2, I'll be adding it as a replacement to my policy and heading back up to the Aleutian Islands next month.

Akutan- interesting place. Haven't filmed there but have been out to Attu. Flew in on a Coast Guard C130. Otherworldly place. I guess many of the Aleutians are. Good luck with your I2.

Reactions: tazshot
Check out Professional Photographers of America. They provide Hull and General Liability to members as well as additional coverage if needed. Welcome to PPA | Professional Photographers of America
jkerrins,

I see the PPA full membership, as of today, is $428/yr which includes $1M liability and $15k equipment coverage with $50/repairs and $350/ replacement. Not bad. Have you had to put in a claim yet or know of anyone who has?

Thanks for sharing by the way jkerrins

The PPA membership does not cover drones. Insurance for drones will need to be purchased separately. Here's my chat transcript
Good morning and thank you for reaching out to PPA!

How can I assist you today?

11:03
I am a photographer that does a lot of photo shoots with drones. does this cover drone equipment

11:08
It does not. You can purchase it in addition to your membership through our insurance partners here - https://insuranceforppa.com

11:05
thank you

My pleasure and you are very welcome
Fly safe!

The PPA membership does not cover drones. Insurance for drones will need to be purchased separately. Here's my chat transcript
Good morning and thank you for reaching out to PPA!

How can I assist you today?

11:03
I am a photographer that does a lot of photo shoots with drones. does this cover drone equipment

It does not. You can purchase it in addition to your membership through our insurance partners here - https://insuranceforppa.com

11:05
thank you

My pleasure and you are very welcome
Fly safe!
Thanks GFields for the clarification. So that looks like $323/yr basic membership plus $227/yr for drone $1M liability and hull coverage totalling $550/yr. Still not too bad.

Reactions: GFields
AirModo may be a good option for drone insurance. Hourly policies start at $9 per hour and annual options are available too. Certificates of insurance (COI) can be accessed or provided instantly 24/7/365. Each policy earns you Safety Points that can be used at Unmanned Safety Institute. Let me know if you have any questions, I would be glad to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207