Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave Controller not connecting to ipad

Reaction score
2015-06-14 12.31.39.jpg 2015-06-14 19.14.49.jpg Slave Ipad controller lost master connection. Second controller set as slave on Ipad mini 3, but no longer has connection to Master, (sort of). Slave controller still can control gimbal, but does not display any information from Master controller such as video, camera settings, other on screen information, and can not change any settings. Also, the the camera app says there is no connection, Master RC list does not display on slave controller, and Slave controller has blue light for good connection.

We have tried different usb cables, different ipads, reinstalling app. In addition, we have tried to change the slave controller to master, but not luck.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Last edited:
My first observation is that BOTH images show the Pilot App set to Master. Secondly, you might need to re-sync the Slave RC to your Inspire using the 'hidden' red button (see manual).

Sorry the picture is incorrect. The Slave controller is still Slaved. I know this becuase of the blue light on the controller.

Where is the hidden red button in the manual? Are you talking about page 33 in the manual?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotflieger
The link button is for linking a master controller to the ac. The slave controller links to the master, not the ac. The slave cannot link to the ac.

I had the same issue. Light on slave goes blue and I can control the camera from the slave, but there is no response from the app on the iPad. Tried different cables, tried iPhone6, iPad air2 and iPad mini 3. None worked. When you plug the iPad in to the slave, does it ask you to trust the device? If not then the iPad and slave controller are not talking. Looks like a bad USB port on the slave. I am waiting for directions from DJI on what to do with it (return to them or return to supplier).

The link button is for linking a master controller to the ac. The slave controller links to the master, not the ac. The slave cannot link to the ac.

I had the same issue. Light on slave goes blue and I can control the camera from the slave, but there is no response from the app on the iPad. Tried different cables, tried iPhone6, iPad air2 and iPad mini 3. None worked. When you plug the iPad in to the slave, does it ask you to trust the device? If not then the iPad and slave controller are not talking. Looks like a bad USB port on the slave. I am waiting for directions from DJI on what to do with it (return to them or return to supplier).
It is possible that you may have mistakenly click Don't Trust and have locked out you iPad connecting to the RC. You need to follow this rest procedure http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5868

I had already tested that as well. iOS devices do not seem to 'remember' if you trust or dont trust when you plug them into a Remote. I tried this with the Master remote and selected do not trust. Then I unplugged the lightning cable and plugged it back. It asks if you want to trust this computer again and I selected yes and it works fine.Just in case I did the reset procedure in the apple support and there was no change. Also when I plug the iPad into the Master remote it indicates Not Charging regardless if I trust or don't trust. When I am plugged into the Slave, there is no change in the charge status. DJI online tech support said it was likely a faulty USB, but I have to call DJI North America before returning it. I am hoping they will authorize the dealer here in Canada to replace it so I don't need to send it back, but I am not overly hopeful

I had already tested that as well. iOS devices do not seem to 'remember' if you trust or dont trust when you plug them into a Remote. I tried this with the Master remote and selected do not trust. Then I unplugged the lightning cable and plugged it back. It asks if you want to trust this computer again and I selected yes and it works fine.Just in case I did the reset procedure in the apple support and there was no change. Also when I plug the iPad into the Master remote it indicates Not Charging regardless if I trust or don't trust. When I am plugged into the Slave, there is no change in the charge status. DJI online tech support said it was likely a faulty USB, but I have to call DJI North America before returning it. I am hoping they will authorize the dealer here in Canada to replace it so I don't need to send it back, but I am not overly hopeful
I too have found that my iPads fail to remember a trusted computer/RC. The Trust/Don't Trust dialog can appear up to 4 times when I first connect the iPad to the RC, sometimes it disappears again before you even have the chance to click on the screen. This does not happen with other devices - what is different about the DJI RCs?

Sorry for the late response!! Sent the controller back. It was a bad motherboard on the controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44