Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave dji go not working after android update

Reaction score
Hi guys, having an issue with my slave remote, when I connect my Samsung s6 edge to it the dji app won't connect. I recently updated the s6 to Android Marshmallow. As for not interfacing, I suspect this has something to do with a notification coming up saying I've connected a usb cable and gives me options to change to transfer media, pictures or midi but won't actually change from "charging" despite selection attempts.

The s6 works with the master remote, my Samsung tab s works fine with the slave and master running Android Lollipop.

I also have "3d FPV" app installed on the phone. Again, doesn't connect on slave but does with master.

The slave remote is pairing with the master and is controlling the gimbal just fine.

Both remotes are on latest firmware.

Any thoughts? It's driving me a little insane.

Hi guys, having an issue with my slave remote, when I connect my Samsung s6 edge to it the dji app won't connect. I recently updated the s6 to Android Marshmallow. As for not interfacing, I suspect this has something to do with a notification coming up saying I've connected a usb cable and gives me options to change to transfer media, pictures or midi but won't actually change from "charging" despite selection attempts.

The s6 works with the master remote, my Samsung tab s works fine with the slave and master running Android Lollipop.

I also have "3d FPV" app installed on the phone. Again, doesn't connect on slave but does with master.

The slave remote is pairing with the master and is controlling the gimbal just fine.

Both remotes are on latest firmware.

Any thoughts? It's driving me a little insane.
OK, as silly as this may sound........
Have you tried changing your slave remote to the master and the master to slave and then try connecting the S6.
If this works you should be able to reconfigure them back to their original settings and the S6 should then work on both remotes.

Try this, swipe down on the S6 while not in the app and change the USB for charging to MIDI or Software installation. The only way to get signal again is to unplug the cable, power off the RC, plug it back in and power up the RC then it automatically opens the app up.

Try this, swipe down on the S6 while not in the app and change the USB for charging to MIDI or Software installation. The only way to get signal again is to unplug the cable, power off the RC, plug it back in and power up the RC then it automatically opens the app up.
Is this a weird Android quirk with the latest OS (sticky toffee pudding or whatever it's called?)

Ended up rolling back to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. DJI haven't caught up to Marshmallow yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool