Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave TX sticks & gimbal operation

Reaction score
I really need ideas here.
We are shooting in Africa with a I1 Pro & 2 remotes and getting internet to post this is already challenging...but I still try to see if there is a way to fix this.
Since yesterday, we can no longer operate the gimbal (yaw/pitch) with the slave remote.
Everything else works from the slave remote, for instance advanced camera controls, C1/C2 buttons, but NOT the sticks...
Both DJI GO apps, same version, RC firmware, same version. I tried to reset all parameters, relink the slave remote, toggled between FPV/FREE/FOLLOW. NOTHING. It is as if sticks are dead....
We had operated the drone in this way for dozens of flights and of course it dies just in about the most remote place where opportunities for shoots are amazing.
Thanks DJI, really...

I had the same issue when I updated the controller firmware last week. DJI response was to change the current master to slave and the slave to master, see below.
Hope it helps.

I mean switch the slave RC to become a master one, then set your previous master one to slave. then the issue should be able to solved so both of two RC can be work properly.

Have you tried a 'gimbal auto calibration' through the Go app on the slave remote? This brought my sticks back to life after the 1.7.40 RC update.

If this doesn't fix it, if you have recently updated your GO app I suggest you delete and re-install it, then try the slave sticks again.

Good luck

Hi all,

Same problem - only the sticks not working on slave RC after 1.7.40 update.
None of the solutions from now was solving this issue for me
Switch slave/master, reinstall DJIGO, or Gimbal auto calib from slace RC did not help.

If someone have other ideas, maybe I need to update the firmware of all batteries first -by downgrading first-, this is a joke (maybe not :)

Solution (given by my DJI dealer):
With both radios switched on and inspire too, on slave RC, go to RC settings. Tap "Request Permission", a pop ut appears on Master radio, say yes.
(the slave RC needs to ask permition to master RC to control the camera)

Reactions: Richard Hurst
Thanks Nicopter I will try that. For now we decided not to risk this as we are travelling in remote areas.
The 2nd operator can still operate camera parameters so this still allowed us to take good shots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin