Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart Powercharge Deep Cycle

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
What's the best way to do it? My 1 TB48 battery has been acting strange with cell 1 showing major deviation. So I charged it full and flew the Inspire. Eventually hovered it until I saw 3.3v and landed. Then left the battery on until it shut itself off. Charged the battery back up again, and I noticed the mAh didn't increase. It showed 5010 mAh. It's as if it didn't do anything. So I placed the battery into the smart powercharge and deep cycled it with full charge. It took 12 hours for it to completely deep cycle it. After it charged it full, the mAh bounced back to 5610 mAh. Confused on why the deep cycle work the first time until I used the smart powercharge. Instead of waiting 12 hours, is there a faster way to deep cycle it with the charger? I was hearing to fly the Inspire to 30% and deep cycle it that way? 2 of my other TB48 might need a deep cycle with the charger. They're around 5100 mAh as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

According to thr DJI app, on past experiance to get a bttery back to normal workings...Let the battery completley discharge down to ( dont be scared ) 1% ( leave the battery on the bird untill it shows the 1% on the dji Go App ) then recharge to full then it should be ok..

To my knowledge and the way I do it on my Smartpower Charger, I’ll take a battery that’s been flown to around 20% and place it in the SPC while the deep cycle mode is selected. Keep in mind, the SPC wants you to “turn the battery on” before inserting it in the charger. I let the SPC Charger bring the voltage down to the correct level for deep cycling rather than hovering the Inspire to achieve ~1%.

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
To my knowledge and the way I do it on my Smartpower Charger, I’ll take a battery that’s been flown to around 20% and place it in the SPC while the deep cycle mode is selected. Keep in mind, the SPC wants you to “turn the battery on” before inserting it in the charger. I let the SPC Charger bring the voltage down to the correct level for deep cycling rather than hovering the Inspire to achieve ~1%.

Yeah that's what I do. Even when I hovered the Inspire till 3.3v and land. Then allow the battery to turn itself off. It actually didn't work. The mAh stayed at 5100. When I deep cycled it with the SPC, it worked. Brought the mAh up to 5600. How I did it was deep cycling it at 100%. It took 12 hours! lolllll. Next time I won't do that and fly it till 20-30% and deep cycle it that way like you suggested.

There is a much easier way to properly maintain your DJI batteries. DJI recommends deep-discharging (cycling) every 20 cycles. The Inspire-Phantom Angel made by Alex Protogerellis deep-discharges my Inspire and Phantom batteries safely and reliably. I purchased a custom made Dual Unit from Alex last spring that I use to maintain my Inspire 1V2 and Phantom 4 Batteries.

I found that that I can take my fully charged TB48 and TB47 Batteries and automatically bring them down to storage voltage in a half-hour. It shuts off by itself when finished. With a flip of a switch I can do the same to my P4 and P4 Pro Batteries.

See: http://phantomangel.rocks/buynowpage.html/

You can email Alex at: [email protected][/email]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb