Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Smart Powercharge m100 question

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just relived y new M1oo in the post. I never once in my lift ever expected to pay £500 for a charger but it had to be done.

I just had a quick question.

Is there any way of taking the charge out of fully or half charged batteries for safe storage? Sometime I get back after a job and I have two fully charged batteries and then don't have a job for a week. Or have the time to take the drone out to discharge to 30% or lower.

I always like to fully charge the night before a job.

I know this charger can discharge when it does a full refresh but can it just do a discharge without the charging after?

Hi guys

I just relived y new M1oo in the post. I never once in my lift ever expected to pay £500 for a charger but it had to be done.

I just had a quick question.

Is there any way of taking the charge out of fully or half charged batteries for safe storage? Sometime I get back after a job and I have two fully charged batteries and then don't have a job for a week. Or have the time to take the drone out to discharge to 30% or lower.

I always like to fully charge the night before a job.

I know this charger can discharge when it does a full refresh but can it just do a discharge without the charging after?
I do not believe so - it has been promised for nearly 18 months but the firmware has never materialised (as far as I am aware).

I use the Inspire Angel for both deep cycle and putting my packs into storage charge (this product has this facility), costs a fraction of the M100 and weighs nothing.

For charging multiple batteries simultaneously I simply have 8 chargers with leads I have made up which have four mains leads into one plug. This means I am able to charge four batteries from one socket with one lead.

That's annoying, the charger is clearly capable of discharging.

Might email and see what they say .

I never thought I would pay that much for a charger either.. but did... and I love it!
zz5.jpg
What about the self discharge feature of the smart batteries?
Aren't they supposed to self discharge in 7 or 10 days??
I had a bad stretch of weather and mine went 2 weeks without use.
I plugged one in and it was at 70%... so I plugged all 4 of mine in to top them off before flying.

Apparently there is a firmware update available but it's a secret. Anyone interested in my exchange with their consultant?

Reactions: SanCap
In the DJI Go app you can set when the batteries will start self discharge. By default they are set to 10 days. You could try and set them at 3 days or test using different amount of days to suite your needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont