Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

smh... Stripped a nut on motor

Reaction score
Ok i was about to upgrade my backup inspire with the 1345T's and i forgot about the lock tite i added as extra safety... So now i have 1 stripped screw any tip on how i can get this thing out? I tried a bigger size allen key and still wont budge. And no i am not drilling in the motor...

Last edited:
Ok i was about to upgrade my backup inspire with the 1345T's and i forgot about the lock tite i added as extra safety... So now i have 1 stripped screw any tip on how i can get this thing out? I tried a bigger size allen key and still wont budge. And no i am not drilling in the motor...
Which loctite did you use?

Only a drop of loctite per screw. Less is more. Vacuum and use compressed air on your motors as well. You don't want blue loctite debris in there.

Reactions: Predator
Only a drop of loctite per screw. Less is more. Vacuum and use compressed air on your motors as well. You don't want blue loctite debris in there.
Thx man but might be too late... I only used a drop but might be a tiny bit ill see with a flashlight. Or what else can i do just let it hover and see if it burns off?

The best thing you can do (if the surrounding area allows it) is to heat up the screw with a soldering iron and let it cool down. Always worked for me very well.

Had the same problem on the weekend with 8 motors from my Okto, all motors had a way too much loctite :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458025833.036671.jpg

Reactions: Predator

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool