Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Software for viewing FLYxx.DAT files

Reaction score
Is there a viewer software/website for the FLYxx.DAT files?

I have been trying "mapsmadeeasy" but it only shows a map and altitude and speed.
Also i tried DJI Log converter but i only get a red colored text saying something about a connection timeout.

I would like much more information than just location, altitude and speed, or is this the only information in the FLYxxx.DAT files?,

To see the more advanced data you'll need to pull the logs from your tablet/ipad and upload the .txt files in Healthy Drones. I was just recently going through all of this and found HealthyDrones with the .txt file to provide the most data. Maps Made Easy works ok but like you said doesn't show all the data.

To see the more advanced data you'll need to pull the logs from your tablet/ipad and upload the .txt files in Healthy Drones. I was just recently going through all of this and found HealthyDrones with the .txt file to provide the most data. Maps Made Easy works ok but like you said doesn't show all the data.

I don't have the Flight logs from the tablet, since i don't have the tablet anymore that this craft has been used with, so thats why i wanted to use the FLYxxx.DAT files.

Don't they contain as much information as the .TXT files?

Last edited:
The DAT files contain a mountain of information, orders of magnitude more than the TXTs but most of it is not accessible to us "mortals", only DJI have what's needed to decode them fully (or others who have have agreed not to provide access).

So is there any other software than Mapsmadeeasy that can show the .DAT file info?

Or can i at least convert the .DAT files into more readable formats?

I don't have the Flight logs from the tablet, since i don't have the tablet anymore that this craft has been used with, so thats why i wanted to use the FLYxxx.DAT files.

Don't they contain as much information as the .TXT files?
I have no idea, all I know is what programs/online applications work to read the files, and Healthy Drones is by far the best (imo)

I have no idea, all I know is what programs/online applications work to read the files, and Healthy Drones is by far the best (imo)

Yes i know i usually use the Healthy Drones website when i use .TXT files, but now i only have .DAT files to work with, and Healthy drones does not take .DAT files.

But surely there must be another way to view that information or convert them into more readable formats?
I was surprised how little information the MapsmadeEasy website shows, only altitude, speed and location.

Yes i know i usually use the Healthy Drones website when i use .TXT files, but now i only have .DAT files to work with, and Healthy drones does not take .DAT files.

But surely there must be another way to view that information or convert them into more readable formats?
I was surprised how little information the MapsmadeEasy website shows, only altitude, speed and location.
My apologies I was underestimating your knowledge of the files and what can be done - I had assumed from your original post you had not yet tried to pull the .txt files from the tablet and used those.
I can't offer any help to your problem.

My apologies I was underestimating your knowledge of the files and what can be done - I had assumed from your original post you had not yet tried to pull the .txt files from the tablet and used those.
I can't offer any help to your problem.

No problem, thanks for your help.

Reactions: gruvpix
Is there a viewer software/website for the FLYxx.DAT files?

I have been trying "mapsmadeeasy" but it only shows a map and altitude and speed.
Also i tried DJI Log converter but i only get a red colored text saying something about a connection timeout.

I would like much more information than just location, altitude and speed, or is this the only information in the FLYxxx.DAT files?,
You should try DatCon which can be obtained by going here. Download version 2.3.0. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Reactions: Fem and darrene
You should try DatCon which can be obtained by going here. Download version 2.3.0. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Thanks, but i get "unable to access jar file DatCom.2.3.0" in the Terminal command line for Mac OS X?
I downloaded the latest file on the website and got a folder with two .EXE files and one .DatCon.2.3.0.jar file.
I did nothing with these files, but i just wrote the specified command to Terminal, but i get the above error message.
Did i miss some steps?

Thanks, but i get "unable to access jar file DatCom.2.3.0" in the Terminal command line for Mac OS X?
I downloaded the latest file on the website and got a folder with two .EXE files and one .DatCon.2.3.0.jar file.
I did nothing with these files, but i just wrote the specified command to Terminal, but i get the above error message.
Did i miss some steps?
I'm not sure what the Mac OS X parlance is. The Terminal needs to be in the directory where DatCon.2.3.0.jar is. Then say "java - jar DatCon.2.3.0.jar". If this doesn't work then I can refer you to some users over on Phantom Pilots that have done this and can help.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds