Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Spotlight pro

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't seem to get the spotlight pro working on my new Inspire 2. It has the latest firmware version, and has the multiple flight modes activated. The inspire seems to be working perfectly, with the other modes working as described.
When I go to activate it, I press the icon on the left, but there is no screen that indicates that I'm about to enter that mode, like there is in the tripod mode etc. Then if I go to pick out a subject, it just adjusts the focus or aperture.

There is no screen that appears, make sure you are not just tapping it, put your finger on the screen, don't remove it and drag it. See if that works for you. Beyond that I can not help you. Are you using an IOS device?

I tried the touch and drag. No luck. My last machine was the Inspire 1, so I'm familiar with the different modes. Just can't seem to get this one working. When the weather gets better I'll try a different iOS device.

I tried the touch and drag. No luck. My last machine was the Inspire 1, so I'm familiar with the different modes. Just can't seem to get this one working. When the weather gets better I'll try a different iOS device.

Is your current iOS device up to date on its software?

Hi Slig,

Sometimes when the object is not acceptable upon initial touch, the dialogue box which should display the error message does not appear. This is confusing as there is no indication that it has not worked. If that happens you can tap the spotlight icon and begin afresh. Many times the error (object too small, etc) will show up on the second try. Also, the hold and drag is a bit picky. It seems to work best when the drag begins immediately. This is my experience on iOS on an iPad Air 2.

Tried this again and it worked on my iPhone 7Plus, but not on my iPad Pro. I then used the Bluetooth gps module that I have for the iPad and then it seemed to work. It could be just a coincidence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08