Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SSD Card Failure

Reaction score
I have a very curious issue with one of my SSD cards. When I went to format it preparing for my next shoot, I get this error message:

'SSD Error. Changing SSD mode or formatting the SSD card is recommended'

However, I cannot format the card as the format button does nothing. I can mount the card on my computer, and there is content there from my last shoot, but I can't delete any of the files off the card using the computer, or reformat the card in the computer either. In fact, the 'move to trash' option doesn't even appear for the individual files, and the disk utility on my mac doesn't even have the format option for this drive. It's like it's locked? Is that even possible? What is SSD 'mode' anyway?

DJI is being predictably unhelpful, and cannot offer any support before my next shoot this week which is a continuation of a large production doc shoot that is drone-heavy this week and I desperately need this card. (naturally!) I'm at the point where I have no option but to buy another card, even though this one is 'allegedly' under warranty, it's only 5 months old and only been used 3 times. DJI seems to be telling me that they will only replace the card if I bought it directly from them, not a 'third party' vendor (which was a DJI authorized dealer)
Any suggestions or has anyone seen this before? I'd very much like to avoid having to buy another card simply because DJI can't/won't respond in a more timely manner for professional users in the midst of production.

Attachments

• DJI.png
    DJI.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
It is true that the DJI SSD card can only be formatted using DJI GO 4 App. So far,I have had no problem formatting either the SD card nor the SSD card. Can you format the SD card?

Reactions: Fly Gary
Yes, I can format the SD card, and I can format other SSD cards. I used to be able to format this card, too.... it just started doing this and I've re-inserted it numerous times, rebooted the I2, the radio, and restarted the app. Nothing works. Whenever I try to format this card, I get that error message and the format button does nothing.

Yes, I can format the SD card, and I can format other SSD cards. I used to be able to format this card, too.... it just started doing this and I've re-inserted it numerous times, rebooted the I2, the radio, and restarted the app. Nothing works. Whenever I try to format this card, I get that error message and the format button does nothing.

Hmmm, very odd. Definitely sounds like this drive has gone bad. Unfortunately we do not have any further recommendations for you beyond what you've tried. We're going to recommend contacting DJI or the vendor for replacement under warranty (12 months on the CINESSDs).

Just curious if you ever found out anything about this situation?

I just returned from a shoot with my Inspire 2 today. I had a similar issue. I booted up the drone and remote as usual and was using a SSD that I have used about 10 time already. I was unable to turn on "SSD Mode". The App kept saying I needed to have SSD Mode on to format the SSD. Yet the The mode would not turn on and i could not format my SSD. I was able to record on the SD card fine.

*EDIT*
Came back to respond to my own post.
So I didn't realize that I had an firmware update that I had not completed before my flight earlier today. I just now completed the full firmware update and the SSD works fine now.

So for my own personal issue, it was that I had not been updated on the firmware, so it would not let me use the SSD i guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgphoto and eyyyub
Yeah, nothing worked for me, so DJI eventually replaced the card. Glad you got yours working!

I have the same issue, but with 2 Ssd's. They are working on another aircraft.

I own Inspire 2 with X7 camera with Prores License, I've lost capability of using Prores, on go4 app (crystalsky and apple device) it's stuck to cinema dng. It simply doesn't allow me to choose Prores, it goes back to CinemaDng and showin $ icon next to resolution.
I've tried to restore factory defaults and load certificate from assistant 2, tried 0.100 and 0.200 firmware, refreshed firmware with ssd on etc.
It says ssd not verified. Those ssd's are functioning on pc and another aircraft. I wonder if it's a software bug and how to fix.

I have same problem, 2 new SSD's. The one is SSD is greyed out so can't select to format. PRORES 444 selected. My other SSD formatted and works fine. Do these SSD's fail like this brand new out of the box?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669