Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Started a firmware update, now Inspire wont stop beeping

Reaction score
Website
dejansmaic.com
This morning, I started updating my Inspire 1 firmware. The X5 and drone continued to flash red & beep (D_DDD, D_DDD, etc...) for hours. I finally exhausted my patience, took off the X5, restarted the Inspire, and the drone continued to beep. What is going on here and how do I correct this? This all started because my X3 is not communicating with my controls and was told a firmware update would fix this. Please advise.

Thanks!!

Hi Dejan,

Sorry to read of your upgrade issue. It's my understanding that there will be a log of the upgrade on the SD card you used. Posting that here may help others more knowledgable than me to shed some light on things.

The file is generated during the upgrade process and is created in the root of the SD card.

I believe there's a secondary, more verbose log in a folder called LOG, under a root folder called MISC. I think the folder is hidden by default, so if you are reading the SD card on a Windows machine, you may need to make sure 'show hidden files and folders' is enabled

Please post the hidden log file from the SD card located in the MISC\LOG folder, its hidden so you will need eneable view hidden files on your computer.

Then format the card, download the correct update again and place just the .bin on the card, make sure you have a full battery then turn the craft on with the card in and just leave it and after up to 20 minutes it should start to update again.

You may what to put it somewhere the beeping won't drive you mad as well.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: darrene
Please post the hidden log file from the SD card located in the MISC\LOG folder, its hidden so you will need eneable view hidden files on your computer.

Then format the card, download the correct update again and place just the .bin on the card, make sure you have a full battery then turn the craft on with the card in and just leave it and after up to 20 minutes it should start to update again.

Has been done a half dozen or more times.

Hey,

I uploaded the previously released firmware version and the problem stopped. But, my other problem is the X3 lens / gimbal combo does not transmit images. I was told I needed a firmware update, and this is what started the original problem per my OP.

Hey,

I uploaded the previously released firmware version and the problem stopped. But, my other problem is the X3 lens / gimbal combo does not transmit images. I was told I needed a firmware update, and this is what started the original problem per my OP.
This might be a silly question, but are you definitely upgrading using the standard Inspire firmware?

If you have accidentally downloaded the Pro firmware, it won't be upgrading the X3 as it'll expect to see an X5. I wonder if that could cause the problems you've mentioned?

This might be a silly question, but are you definitely upgrading using the standard Inspire firmware?

If you have accidentally downloaded the Pro firmware, it won't be upgrading the X3 as it'll expect to see an X5. I wonder if that could cause the problems you've mentioned?
I have the x3 and x5. I'm thinking that if it did not recognize the x3, it would jut end the "fit" it was having and move on to "update incomplete" rather than having a tantrum. I believe I had both the X3 and X5 updates on one SSD card.

I must admit I'd agree. In your position - that's what I'd expect.

The only way I've seen a firmware update for both cameras done has been X3 first, with only the X3 firmware on the card, then once it's completed, fit the X5, format the card, copy over the pro update and power up the craft.
The Pro update was much quicker because there was only the X5 left to do (the first update having done the X3, craft and battery)

I guess then that the X5 is fine, it's just when the X3 is fitted that the image transmission/firmware update message issues occur? itf that's the case, it sounds like the X3 is out of step with the craft/controller.

If you were to brave doing it again, I'd be tempted to format the card through the GO app, re-download the standard Inspire update for the X3 and copy it to the card, so there's no possibility of anything else being picked up, then try the update and check/post the logs in the root and MISC/LOG folder to see if that sheds any light.

My understanding is the MISC/LOG result file has more detail in it which should pinpoint exactly what's getting upset.

It'd probably be worth logging a support case with DJI to be on the safe side - they've no doubt come across the situation before and may have a procedure to find/fix the issue.

Reactions: Dejan Smaic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice