Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stay away from Firmware Inspire 1 Firmware v1.9.1.10

Reaction score
So stupid me decided to upgrade my inspire to Firmware v1.9.1.10. What a mistake. The drone had absolutely zero range after that. It constantly cuts out and just returns to home whenever it wants. Anyone else having similar problems?

I just downgraded for now until they sort this mess out.

Just flew this morning with 3-47 batteries without any cut out signal or video distance of 6627 feet. so far it works for me.

you have to be super excited to pay all the money for a " top end " product and need to do all that after a software update to get it working correctly again ...

out of 2 updates , i have had to have 2 controllers replaced AND a X5 camera replaced from firmware updates .... awesome 3 hour drive each way as well !!!

you have to be super excited to pay all the money for a " top end " product and need to do all that after a software update to get it working correctly again ...

out of 2 updates , i have had to have 2 controllers replaced AND a X5 camera replaced from firmware updates .... awesome 3 hour drive each way as well !!!
I'm intrigued with these firmware caused problems. Did dji confirm that it was definitely a firmware cause? Or did they just replace foc and say nothing? I know some have problems after a FW update and some don't. Nice to know why the inconsistency. I seem to be one of the lucky ones...I know....I'm Irish!

Just flew this morning with 3-47 batteries without any cut out signal or video distance of 6627 feet. so far it works for me.
You flew in a remote desert of course :rolleyes:, but besides that:
Flying over a mile beyond VLOS already takes some guts. But doing that with a brand new firmware update beats everything.

Markymarc1981 have you keep the older firmware like 1.6 or 1.7 ? my upgrade fail and going to downgrade it , but the wed side of dji only have v.1.8 and 1.9 to download

The only thing advertised is "Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database."

It is possible there were other bug fixes that were not mentioned.

I have seen 1 issue where it dropped gps and went atti but came back as soon as it went.. other than the sphincter factor for a moment all was well. My feeling is if you cannot actually fly in manual you shouldn't be in the air, technology will forever have its issues. As for the RTH issue... thats a cancelable issue

I have now 20 flights after update. Important to update all like I have Inspire Pro Raw and Inspire, Camera, RC and app. I had one issue where the Inspire got sensor error where it went up to 5-7 meters and asked me to land. Then a restart and it was fine.

I have noticed some weird things upon start up, once in a while i need to restart the system for it to "go safe" but after restart i have no issue. I have about 20-30 since FW update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide