Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stay with Inspire 1 or go Inspire Pro? - getting X5 either way

Sell Inspire 1/X3 and go with Pro or just add X5 to Inspire 1?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have the Inspire 1 and have really enjoyed it. I have gotten some fantastic footage with it BUT I want better image quality. I have pre-ordered the X5 but am now on the fence about just selling my Inspire 1 and picking up the Pro. I understand that I will lose a few hundred bucks so let's keep the money aspect aside.

I have a bird that has performed flawlessly and will go for miles. Certainly a risk that I could get a bird that isn't as reliable, etc. On the other hand, I would have a newer version (current version is a B) and it would be a complete kit vs. pieced together.

Money aside, what would you do?

I have the Inspire 1 and have really enjoyed it. I have gotten some fantastic footage with it BUT I want better image quality. I have pre-ordered the X5 but am now on the fence about just selling my Inspire 1 and picking up the Pro. I understand that I will lose a few hundred bucks so let's keep the money aspect aside.

I have a bird that has performed flawlessly and will go for miles. Certainly a risk that I could get a bird that isn't as reliable, etc. On the other hand, I would have a newer version (current version is a B) and it would be a complete kit vs. pieced together.

Money aside, what would you do?
Errrr....the Inspire 1 Pro is just an Inspire 1 with an X5 hanging off the bottom of it.
If you have ordered an X5 why would you then sell both your Inspire and the X5 and buy the same thing again?

I have the same Q going on in my head. I have 350 flights on my Inspire 1 - all rock solid. It is not about money - but fear of getting a new Inspire with problems. Think I will keep my bird and just add X5

Errrr....the Inspire 1 Pro is just an Inspire 1 with an X5 hanging off the bottom of it.
If you have ordered an X5 why would you then sell both your Inspire and the X5 and buy the same thing again?

Because it's not just an Inspire 1 with an X5 hanging off the bottom. I have a B version, the motors are different, it's badged differently and I'm sure there are other slight differences that haven't been uncovered yet.

I also pre-ordered the X5. It hasn't even come in yet to ship so I would just cancel that order altogether and order the Pro.

I'm gong the route of buying an i1Pro not just the X5 will buy a complete setup and keep the i1 i already have as a spare, but then i fly commercially, so it is a good idea anyway...

I'm just gonna buy the X5R and get it over with. Money is not an issue BUT the headaches that come with new gear ARE an issue. (Just like the inspire was at the beginning) I don't like the stress and unpredictability. as was the voyager3
Inspire on the left voyager on the right.20150511_171004.jpg

Because it's not just an Inspire 1 with an X5 hanging off the bottom. I have a B version, the motors are different, it's badged differently and I'm sure there are other slight differences that haven't been uncovered yet.

I also pre-ordered the X5. It hasn't even come in yet to ship so I would just cancel that order altogether and order the Pro.

In what way are the motors different? As far as i have heard the only difference is the extended feet on the Inspire "PRO" to make room for the lower hanging X5 camera ?

I don't see how people are concerned about it being NEW and the headaches that come with it, surely the machine is close enough to what the inspire is or even the same, the only difference being legs and maybe a couple of incidental parts. The headaches have already been worked out on the machine itself, the camera on the other hand, is new whatever machine you put it on new or old...

They are 40kv more power.

Is this confirmed by DJI ? Since somebody else had asked the DJI support about the difference between the old inspire 1 and the "PRO" and they got the answer that nothing was different besides the taller landing feet.

They are 40kv more power.
I had read somewhere that they added high efficiency motors. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Not selling the Inspires I have but it is time to give my Phantom kit away. No more room for another case in the shop.

They sure gives us different answers, i just got an answer to a question i asked earlier about the differences, this was the answer from DJI:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

For the differences between the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 1 pro, the Inspire 1 pro will have higher landing gear to help the new X5 camera prevent from being damage if there is a rough landing, also there will be optimization on the propulsion system of the inspire 1 pro.

Hope this may help you.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

So maybe the part about the motor upgrade is true, but i highly doubt there will be any other differences than that, but who knows.
At least for me the motor upgrade is not an enough reason to buy a whole new Inspire PRO, i guess the motor upgrade is not necessary to use the X5 camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla