Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still Image X5, Inspire Pro

I had both, returned the 15 mm as soon as I saw the footage from the 12mm.

Ugh, returning DJI's 15mm lens will be not possible in my case, I believe, since I've purchased a Inspire 1 PRO package with camera and lens. Do you think selling 15mm lens on e-bay may be worth a try?

Ugh, returning DJI's 15mm lens will be not possible in my case, I believe, since I've purchased a Inspire 1 PRO package with camera and lens. Do you think selling 15mm lens on e-bay may be worth a try?
I am a DJI Dealer I can list it for sale on my site. I won't charge you anything. If anyone wants to buy it I will send them to you. My site is
http//:www.flyhighusa.com

eBay cost you 10% bad deal

Sure thing. Btw I sell a lot of the products we inspire pilots use. If I can ever help you out just let me know. No pressure. I'm just glad to help

Aha, there you are, you bastard !:D. Just kiddin', let me think about it, first I must evaporate the residue of New Year Eve celebration...

Aha, there you are, you bastard !:D. Just kiddin', let me think about it, first I must evaporate the residue of New Year Eve celebration...
No worries I do it for lots of people to show my honest and true intentions. I love everything drones and I want to help the cause. Of course I need to make money but that comes on its own. I enjoy talking with nice people who like the same things I do. Whatever you need just let me know. Glad to help

For me it's not always about the sale. It's about helping people have a great experience

I will 2nd this.Very helpful. I had a ton of questions and they were answered in top notch fashion!. Great to deal with and will be buying more from him in the future...
Thanks Ralph

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
I will 2nd this.Very helpful. I had a ton of questions and they were answered in top notch fashion!. Great to deal with and will be buying more from him in the future...
Thanks Ralph
It's nice just to be nice. We can all help each other without beating each other up in the process. We are all after the same thing in the end ( fun flying and great videos). Glad to hear from all of you.

I had both, returned the 15 mm as soon as I saw the footage from the 12mm. The difference in focal length in my opinion is not enough to justify owning both, and the 12mm not only looks better, but flies smoother as well. Well the bird doesn't fly smoother of course but due to the slightly wider FOV it is easier to get smooth yaw movement whereas it is nearly impossible to get smooth yaw on the 15mm with the gimbal in follow mode.
Thats interesting. Would you say the 12mm is much sharper than the X5 15mm?

Yeah my IT is currently loading them in my shop. Until they are there I can still get anything anyone needs. Will be up next week. I'm checking on the indexing now. You threw me a curve ball.

I'm sure you've read the controversial post about how weak the upper gimble mount is on the X5. I chose not to become involved in that post as I have quickly learned that this site is only to function in a chearleading role for DJI and any other feelings one may have about DJI are to be kept to them selves. One would hope that since this isn't their sandbox we could be more open and help each other deal with a company that appears to lack a moral compass at times but it doesn't work that way. DJI seems to wield a great deal of power here. All that said what I'm driving at is that the upper mount is horribly flawed in it's design and manufacture and they break incredibly easily. They make the X3 look like a tank. Now I my engineering expertise will be questioned as will my lineage and anything else that may serve to discredit but at the end of the day it wont change that they are supporting a great deal more weight with less material and that material is cast which may assist in controlling manufacturing costs but is the weakest way to manufacture such a part. I own more X5's than I want to due to this flaw. I set up a return for repair but have since learned DJI is simply logging them in so the warranty is voided and then sending an email explaining that they don't repair gimbles only replace. So given the skills the good lord has blessed me with I plan on solving my own problem however the indexing of the magnet in the retaining nut is a curve ball. I'm on the process of exploring the viability of manufacturing my own upper mounts through cad design and cnc manufacture from either aluminum alloys in the harder end of the spectrum or god help me titanium. As a life long fabricator and natural engineer the arguments over whether the design is sound seem pretty childish. A blind man wouldn't even need to ask his dog.
Now on another subject I'm converting my original Inspire to a PRO as i have the X5, I installed the mount, and the gear extensions. Now I'm seeking the 3510 H motors with the esc's as anyone who say they can't tell a difference isn't very observant. DJI doesn't spend money on development and manufacture for no reason. The X5 definitely asks a lot from the standard 3510's. Are you able to get the PRO motors and esc's? If i'm unable to source them I've been toying with having mounts cnc'd so I could use any other manufacturer's motors on my older PRO wanna be. T-motor seemed to be a good alternative until I stumbled on KDE. I don't know if you've seen or heard anything about these but they seem pretty wild. Please let me know what you think.
Great post. Just to say I have not found this forum a cheer leader for DJI. Even the mods have been open about dji failings. I would welcome your initiative at addressing some of these issues. I am sure there are others with skills here that would open up the product. Some will choose to only whistle the dji tune while others like yourself and Damon Cooper and his extended battery project just add to the richness of this forum.

Go for it.

DJI is a great innovative company but there are some areas of improvement needed for sure. I love seeing these custom made pieces for our birds. It's great to make a great system even better. Keep up the great work guys.

I am a DJI Dealer I can list it for sale on my site. I won't charge you anything. If anyone wants to buy it I will send them to you. My site is
http//:www.flyhighusa.com
eBay cost you 10% bad deal
Ralph, are you saying you can sell me Olympus 12mm lens, eventually coupled with 45mm? And even post my brand new DJI MFT 15mm lens for sale on your site? If my assumptions are correct, would you prepare a quote and send to [email protected]?

Matthew.

Hi
I tried my Lumix 12/32 many times but I have a couple of issues.
The first one is that the camera says: "lens not connected"
the second, the gimbal is vibrating heavily, this is a balance issue, I have tries to put 2 nd filters and it goes alright, but of course I have to find a more suitable solution as I do not always need 2 nd's.

could u plz help

thanks guys

Hi
I tried my Lumix 12/32 many times but I have a couple of issues.
The first one is that the camera says: "lens not connected"
the second, the gimbal is vibrating heavily, this is a balance issue, I have tries to put 2 nd filters and it goes alright, but of course I have to find a more suitable solution as I do not always need 2 filters.

Well, if the camera with Lumix 12/32 and on un-powered gimbal turns nose up, you'll need some counter-balancing ring on front of the lens. This is relatively easy to make mod, removing glass from any suitable filter or two. For more precise tuning you may want to drill holes in heavier rings combination, removing some material until the system is perfectly balanced. Job for skilled mechanic, be warned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk