Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still Image X5, Inspire Pro

That particular hood does not fit on the 14/42 out of the box. It is about. mm to small in diameter inside opening. I use a dremel tool to slightly enlarge the opening of the hood. With a little love and patience it will slip on and work great. The lens stays in the open position when attached to the X5. Be sure to remove the hood if you put the 14/42 on a.reg camera as the lens will retract when you power it down and damage the lens. I'm sure you already know that but I wanted to mention it. I know because I forgot and almost broke my lens.

wow ok and no factory hood for the lens or aftermarket

wow ok and no factory hood for the lens or aftermarket
Not that I'm aware of, there may be one ( not sure) but I already had it so I decided to go for it. I guess because it's a pancake lens and it retracts I already had it and saw that it wouldn't take much to make it work so I would have a universal hood for my Olympus lenses.

Ciao. No chances to get this hood in Europe.....

Looking for a door to adventure

Wow found it. But you mean that I can use this hood for the 45mm as well????

Looking for a door to adventure

Hello there X5 still photographers!

I'm concerning to buy X5R for both still and video photography. The drone is coming for professional use and I'm specially looking for good still image quality. Could someone post raw DNG still images so that I can examine the sharpness, dynamic range etc. on Photoshop? :)

It would be great if some one has raw images taken with Olympus 12mm lens.

Hello there X5 still photographers!

I'm concerning to buy X5R for both still and video photography. The drone is coming for professional use and I'm specially looking for good still image quality. Could someone post raw DNG still images so that I can examine the sharpness, dynamic range etc. on Photoshop? :)

It would be great if some one has raw images taken with Olympus 12mm lens.
Since nobody has an X5R in their possession (other than hardware beta testers) how are people going to post DNG images taken with one?

Reactions: unyks
Yes I have. Can't find any still DNG samples taken with Olympus 12mm lens. Some members in this topic have that lens. That's why I though this would be a good place to make a request.

Anyway thanks for help.
Ahh yes sorry, you did mention the 12mm - that's me speed reading too quickly (lots of threads to get through). :)

... The following link is the 14/42 I am using Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ V314070BU000 B&H I had a little vibration...

Hi, I realise that I have picked up an old thread but it seems appropriate.
I too have the lens specified in your link but I am having a problem installing it to my X5, it clashes with part of the gimbal as if the lens is just a it too wide. It seems that if it were merely 1 or 2 millimetres narrower it would fit comfortably.
So, unwilling to force it I came here to see if anyone else has experienced this or if I was simply missing something.
Advice please!

I too have the lens specified in your link but I am having a problem installing it to my X5, it clashes with part of the gimbal as if the lens is just a it too wide. It seems that if it were merely 1 or 2 millimetres narrower it would fit comfortably.
So, unwilling to force it I came here to see if anyone else has experienced this or if I was simply missing something.
Advice please!

Are you sure your lens is the EZ version and not the II R version?

Advice please!

Just take a sharp knife or other tool and gently cut a bit of the top of the "knurled" pieces that rubs on the side of the gimbal. it is plastic, so easy to modify a small bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08