Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stopped recording and the bird shot up 50 feet not responding to controller

Reaction score
Hello peeps!

I've had my bird for almost a week now, and today, my third time flying it, I got the 20% battery warning so I brought her down to about 5 feet, I pressed stop record (the little red button) on the iPad screen and she shot straight up about 30 - 40 feet. She was non responsive to the controller even thought there was no disconnection. I started to panic so I pressed the rth button and nothing. It was just hovering. The controls still unresponsive. I hit rth again, still nothing, but this time responding to the controller and was able to bring her down. weird thing is, it never lost connection. I have no idea what I may have done wrong. I'm a noob at this so I'm sure it was something I did or didn't do.

Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you were already in RTH when it went straight up.
Have you flown it with a fully charged battery since?
Everyone should initiate RTH purposely to experience how the AC will behave a few times at least.

Reactions: The Editor
Yup....? What he said ^^^^^^^^. :)

Classic RTH behaviour and the reason it stayed and hovered is more likely because you panicked and hit RTH which actually cancelled RTH once it had claimed.

Thanks for the info. I have flown it since without incident. I have yet to intensionally use rth, but I'll do that on the next flight just to get the feel of it. Thanks again.

Reactions: MICHEAL RINEY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84