Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stork Drop System

Bet you thats a right laugh(not) when its windy and you come in to land/fly with tailwind.
Take it thats why you fly with CF Props so when the line gets tangled in your props it does not bring the A/C down?
Disaster waiting to happen.

Bet you thats a right laugh(not) when its windy and you come in to land/fly with tailwind.
Take it thats why you fly with CF Props so when the line gets tangled in your props it does not bring the A/C down?
Disaster waiting to happen.

So dramatic.

Once the payload is released, there's no more dangling line to get in the way of the props. When its under load, there's no way a line could reach the props.

Reactions: SanCap
"Once the payload is released, there's no more dangling line to get in the way of the props" in high tail winds as I said.

I am glad you agree with me.

Also physics says as you go forward with a load suspended it will trail back then start to spiral helped more so by downdraft created by those pesky propellors.

Loads suspended in this way have to be accurately balanced. Observe helicopter with underslung loads.

Not wanting to be dramatic just pointing out the MK1 obvious.

Sorry just putting me view forward.

I've dropped hundreds of payloads with this system. High winds, heavy payloads (up to 5 pounds) etc. -- ran it through the wringer. Worked great every time I used it. I do recommend a lightweight cable and s-biner for your initial attachment point. BTW, an early version of this system has been used to actually save lives in the 2015 Texas floods.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk