Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Straight flight not straight

Reaction score
My Inspire tacks to the right when going straight forward in GPS mode. It probably deviates by about 5 degrees...any suggested fixes?

My Inspire tacks to the right when going straight forward in GPS mode. It probably deviates by about 5 degrees...any suggested fixes?
This is due to DJI removing wind compensation in a previous firmware.
One day we hope it will return.
Fly in P-Atti and it will not happen.

Thanks Editor...will test...from memory though it's always tacking right, regardless of wind direction...but I haven't flown often so as I said, will test.

Thanks Editor...will test...from memory though it's always tacking right, regardless of wind direction...but I haven't flown often so as I said, will test.
If that is the case do another IMU calibration VERY carefully, when the aircraft is cold and pay very strict attention to level surface and absolutely no outside influences of vibrations.

Is the IMU calibration the "sit on a flat surface" one or the "spin the bird around all three axes" one...that latter is going to be a herculean task with the lardy Inspire...was bad enough with my FC40!

Is the IMU calibration the "sit on a flat surface" one or the "spin the bird around all three axes" one...that latter is going to be a herculean task with the lardy Inspire...was bad enough with my FC40!
Sit on a flat surface one.
Once done, check your mod values (actually check them before every take off)
Lots of info regarding that on the forum.

Wouldn't Atti make the drift far worse?
Depends which way you look at it.
In P-Atti your stick commands are directly related to how the craft flies. Therefore you can fly in a straight line (compensating for wind) and it will fly straight. In P-GPS the craft will keep trying to give minor corrections to its trajectory based on stick input and expected and actual flight path. Because DJI have messed up the wind compensation it's almost impossible to achieve a dead straight path. It can be done in P-Atti however but you will have to apply your own wind compensation (thumbs and fingers).
Hope that makes sense.

This is due to DJI removing wind compensation in a previous firmware.
One day we hope it will return.
Fly in P-Atti and it will not happen.
Hi there,

can you pinpoint the exact firmware one would have to downgrade to? I bought mine used and it had this behavior since day 1. But maybe it isn't possible because I own an Inspire RAW meaning a limit to how far I could downgrade...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido