Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Surprise Disconnect

Reaction score
Website
www.encoremultimedia.com
We have had our I1 for about four months now. I fly it weekly. From the first day it has worked very well. I have updated the firmware every time and now have the latest in the I1 (the batteries) and the latest GoApp version. The only problem I've had has been problems with the SanDisk micro SD card stopping recording randomly but I seemed to have solved that issue by getting a PNY micro SD card

Yesterday however, a new and scary problem popped up. Right in the middle of flying the second battery (fully charged), the GoApp "Disconnected". The screen went gray, nothing, no control of the craft from the app, just the controller. I tried restarting just the app but that did no good. So I landed, powered everything down and restarted. It all worked fine...for about 2 minutes when it disconnected again. I started to land the I1 right next to me but the app mysteriously reconnected. I flew for another 10 minutes and while landing, after the first battery warning, it disconnected again! This time I had a video recording which I couldn't stop. So, when I landed and powered down, then powered up again, the clip would not finalize, although it did repair itself today when I powered up the I1 again on my bench. I use my iPhone 6 as I don't have an up-to-date iPad.

Have any of you had this problem, do you know why and what do you do?

It's happened to me before too. I blamed it on my mobile device. The first time it happened I freaked out and landed. The other times it's happened I just unplugged the usb connection at the controller and restarted the app. Since I had this issue I've edited my checklist to include clearing all apps from memory, and completely restarting the device before any flights. I haven't had the problem since.

Hi my inspire 1 have same problem no conection but the remote still can control the inspire 1 .problem was the camera if you can borrow the camera from friend on the field and try it on you will know it right away ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good input TL. Yes, normally I close all apps but I admit, the other day I got lazy and did not do that and that's the first time in a long time I have been that negligent. I've tried to turn on airplane mode on my iPhone but I lose the map and I really like having that function to see where I am when the I1 gets out there a ways. I try not to lose sight of my I! but the map gives me a comfort level, just in case. Thanks again for the input. I will be more diligent in the future about turning off apps.

Good input TL. Yes, normally I close all apps but I admit, the other day I got lazy and did not do that and that's the first time in a long time I have been that negligent. I've tried to turn on airplane mode on my iPhone but I lose the map and I really like having that function to see where I am when the I1 gets out there a ways. I try not to lose sight of my I! but the map gives me a comfort level, just in case. Thanks again for the input. I will be more diligent in the future about turning off apps.
If you like airplane mode but lose map data there's a trick you can do. It's referred to as "caching". What you do is while you have network connection you literally view the area you want to fly in the Dji app. Zoom in and scroll around making sure you viewed the entire flying zone. Now enable airplane mode and you can fly the entire pre-mapped or cached area without network connectivity.

Yes, I tried that several times TJ but it doesn't work on my system. I have the cache on, scan the area I'm flying, switch to airplane mode and map goes away every time and I even have the latest firmware in the I1 and batteries and the latest GoApp. It's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

airplane mode isnt necessary unless you have a slow/underpowered device and need to minimize other processes using cpu power. im not an apple fan but the iphone 6 shouldnt be so underpowered that you need to use airplane mode. the outside temp and the longer you use it will cause more video drop/lag/chop issues as the dji app isnt very optimized and requires massive cpu usage and the hotter it is and the longer you use it the more problems youll have. ive used a samsung galaxy note 4 without shutting anything off in 70 degree weather with 5 batteries back to back without rest inbetween and didnt experience any issues till the last battery when it started cutting cpu power due to heat. when its 95 outside and im standing in the sun the chop issues start at the 2nd or 3rd battery. I run older firmware, but ive heard some people have issues with random signal range changes in some newer firmware versions which could also be your issue, or the pins between the camera and inspire could be dirty or loose and not making a solid connection. Lynh Phan’s DJI Inspire 1 Tips: Fixing Intermittent Drop Out of Video Signal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont