Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T-Motor Folding Props Custom for DJI Inspire 2 Mini Review

Reaction score
T-Motor Folding Props Custom for DJI Inspire 2
From Florida Drone Supply

gCKfKBMl.jpg

The guys over at Florida Drone Supply asked me to take a look at this special version of the Carbon Fibre T-Motor 15.2 x 5 folding props they offer that are specifically designed to fit the DJI Inspire 2.

IhZkcIvh.jpg

Featuring a patented design for efficiency and longer flights the design of the winglet is employed to weaken the vortex and improve the efficiency, the downward winglet abates the radial centrifugal tension and deformation quantity.

They Feature

• Special Winglet Design
• Easy to Fold and Spread
• Precise Positioning
Ideal Flight

The Props

3qKBncph.jpg

The first thing that is clear is that these are very well made propellers, the carbon finish is outstanding and is mirror clear, looking art the blades they are finished to a very high standard with no imperfections of any sort.

L58krDjh.jpg

GuaRkDWh.jpg

Comparing them to the original inspire 2 prop they are a little longer due to the winglet but overall bade shape and geometry is very similar, being carbon they are clearly stiffer than the original prop but the Inspire 2 ones were not flimsy to start with anyway especially compared to the I1.

The Winglet Design

kb84IiCh.jpg

1zjjUcEh.jpg

Hubs

gf12PC9h.jpg

The hubs are notched to match the motor bell and simply slide over the centre motor shaft, the props are held with a bolt that goes into a sunken nut in each side with washers between them and the hub to protect them from damage.

JyktuYBh.jpg

bBg2csth.jpg

One thing that I did find was that the props came very tight, I loosened each bolt off a little to allow the blades to move more freely so they can easily balance.

Fitting

To fit the props you will need to remove the original DJI Hubs, its worth noting DJI use some very strong thread lock on these and its important you use the correct size torx as its very easy to strip the threads, to remove hold the motor in one hand and slowly undo the original screws.

OiXMBwrh.jpg

Note when you lift the hub off there will be some thread lock residue left loose on top of the motor bell, make sure none of this falls into the motor and I would suggest using a vacuum to carefully suck it up.

WZcs0XDh.jpg

Once removed simply place the correct prop over the shaft, I would suggest adding a little thread lock to the supplied screws before fitting.

ClE2OoVh.jpg

In Flight

KCoCLICh.jpg

Having flown these for the last few weeks overall I am very happy with them, noise level wise I would say they are a little quieter but its just a touch.
When using them I have been completely unfolding the prop before flight and while a small amount of slop in the arms is seen as they spin up initially I have not seen it again in-flight and its is minimal, vibrations seem good to feeling the boom in hover.

Pushing them in Sport mode they have reacted well to extreme braking and the crafts flight characteristics feel sharp and responsive as I would expect.
In my flight tests I cant honestly say if I have or have not seen an increase in flight time, its around what I would expect and have not gone out my way to try to quantify this aspect specifically as I fly in very changing conditions and its difficult to get accurate results on this.

5h2Jkprh.jpg

One note is as these are not removable if you want to use the original DJI case you will need to modify it so they fit in.

sIvy2jph.jpg

Overall

d6eKqiIh.jpg

My opinions on using carbon props over plastic has not changed and I still don’t subscribe to using carbon because they are just better, safer or more reliable than the stock DJI ones, all props come with some upsides and down sides, carbon or folding ones are no different and have their own things that need to be checked like the bolts ect, however if your going to change then the T-Motor Folding Props from Florida Drone Supply are a extremely nice propeller.

fQbh4C0.jpg

In flight I have seen no downsides to using them other than having to modify the original case, they definitely do have some advantages and if you are specifically looking for a folding or carbon prop for the Inspire 2 then these are absolutely the ones to go for in my opinion.

You can order there from Florida Drone Supply and they cost $120 a pair.

Finally please note making any modifications to you craft may affect any manufacturer warranty, Im not saying it will or it wont I just want people to be aware.​

gCKfKBMl.jpg

The guys over at Florida Drone Supply asked me to take a look at this special version of the Carbon Fibre T-Motor 15.2 x 5 folding props they offer that are specifically designed to fit the DJI Inspire 2.

IhZkcIvh.jpg

Featuring a patented design for efficiency and longer flights the design of the winglet is employed to weaken the vortex and improve the efficiency, the downward winglet abates the radial centrifugal tension and deformation quantity.

They Feature

• Special Winglet Design
• Precise Positioning
Ideal Flight

The Props

3qKBncph.jpg

The first thing that is clear is that these are very well made propellers, the carbon finish is outstanding and is mirror clear, looking art the blades they are finished to a very high standard with no imperfections of any sort.

L58krDjh.jpg

GuaRkDWh.jpg

Comparing them to the original inspire 2 prop they are a little longer due to the winglet but overall bade shape and geometry is very similar, being carbon they are clearly stiffer than the original prop but the Inspire 2 ones were not flimsy to start with anyway especially compared to the I1.

The Winglet Design

kb84IiCh.jpg

1zjjUcEh.jpg

Hubs

gf12PC9h.jpg

The hubs are notched to match the motor bell and simply slide over the centre motor shaft, the props are held with a bolt that goes into a sunken nut in each side with washers between them and the hub to protect them from damage.

JyktuYBh.jpg

bBg2csth.jpg

One thing that I did find was that the props came very tight, I loosened each bolt off a little to allow the blades to move more freely so they can easily balance.

Fitting

To fit the props you will need to remove the original DJI Hubs, its worth noting DJI use some very strong thread lock on these and its important you use the correct size torx as its very easy to strip the threads, to remove hold the motor in one hand and slowly undo the original screws.

OiXMBwrh.jpg

Note when you lift the hub off there will be some thread lock residue left loose on top of the motor bell, make sure none of this falls into the motor and I would suggest using a vacuum to carefully suck it up.

WZcs0XDh.jpg

Once removed simply place the correct prop over the shaft, I would suggest adding a little thread lock to the supplied screws before fitting.

ClE2OoVh.jpg

In Flight

KCoCLICh.jpg

Having flown these for the last few weeks overall I am very happy with them, noise level wise I would say they are a little quieter but its just a touch.
When using them I have been completely unfolding the prop before flight and while a small amount of slop in the arms is seen as they spin up initially I have not seen it again in-flight and its is minimal, vibrations seem good to feeling the boom in hover.

Pushing them in Sport mode they have reacted well to extreme braking and the crafts flight characteristics feel sharp and responsive as I would expect.
In my flight tests I cant honestly say if I have or have not seen an increase in flight time, its around what I would expect and have not gone out my way to try to quantify this aspect specifically as I fly in very changing conditions and its difficult to get accurate results on this.

5h2Jkprh.jpg

One note is as these are not removable if you want to use the original DJI case you will need to modify it so they fit in.

sIvy2jph.jpg

Overall

d6eKqiIh.jpg

My opinions on using carbon props over plastic has not changed and I still don’t subscribe to using carbon because they are just better, safer or more reliable than the stock DJI ones, all props come with some upsides and down sides, carbon or folding ones are no different and have their own things that need to be checked like the bolts ect, however if your going to change then the T-Motor Folding Props from Florida Drone Supply are a extremely nice propeller.

fQbh4C0.jpg

In flight I have seen no downsides to using them other than having to modify the original case, they definitely do have some advantages and if you are specifically looking for a folding or carbon prop for the Inspire 2 then these are absolutely the ones to go for in my opinion.

Finally please note making any modifications to you craft may affect any manufacturer warranty, Im not saying it will or it wont I just want people to be aware.​

Great review Mad!

@Mad_angler1, thank you for your thoughtful review and beautiful images. We value your opinion on this forum as well as all the other forums you post on.

Your comments about the tension of the blades as they come from the factory are 100% correct.

We are working with one of the major case manufacturers to build a hard case to fit the I2 with these props without any modifications.

We do appreciate your support!

gCKfKBMl.jpg

IhZkcIvh.jpg

They Feature

• Special Winglet Design
• Precise Positioning
Ideal Flight

The Props

3qKBncph.jpg

L58krDjh.jpg

GuaRkDWh.jpg

The Winglet Design

kb84IiCh.jpg

1zjjUcEh.jpg

Hubs

gf12PC9h.jpg

JyktuYBh.jpg

bBg2csth.jpg

Fitting

OiXMBwrh.jpg

WZcs0XDh.jpg

ClE2OoVh.jpg

In Flight

KCoCLICh.jpg

5h2Jkprh.jpg

sIvy2jph.jpg

Overall

d6eKqiIh.jpg

fQbh4C0.jpg

Hi Mad, what torque setting did they say is recommended for the hub screws ??

@Mad_angler1, thank you for your thoughtful review and beautiful images. We value your opinion on this forum as well as all the other forums you post on.

Your comments about the tension of the blades as they come from the factory are 100% correct.

We are working with one of the major case manufacturers to build a hard case to fit the I2 with these props without any modifications.

We do appreciate your support!
Does T-Motor make props for the I1?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice