Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47 problems

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Inspire 1, new out of the box and the battery was a dud, tried unplugging the balancing wire inside for as long as 2 hrs with no change in status, no lights, etc.. going around and around with DJI to get a replacement and I think i might be getting one sent finally.
meanwhile I purchased another new tb47 battery and same problem except I unplugged the balancing wire for a little while again and no change so I tried another alternative to see if I could hook direct to the pos and neg right on top under the white cover to try to "jump start" the battery.. I now get a red light on the button and the furthest led from the button flashes then shuts off. I hooked my multimeter to the battery and checked the voltage which is registering mid 5.35 range but even with it plugged in regularly to the charger I see the voltage is still dropping. Any suggestions because I am getting very frustrated with DJI and their products, I have had my inspire almost 2 weeks now and still have not been able to even turn it on

I purchased another new tb47 battery and same problem except I unplugged the balancing wire for a little while again and no change so I tried another alternative to see if I could hook direct to the pos and neg right on top under the white cover to try to "jump start" the battery.. I now get a red light on the button and the furthest led from the button flashes then shuts off.
This is a known issue for batteries that have been sitting without use for too long (e.g. on the store shelf). Return your batteries and get a replacement. In the future, buy your batteries from Amazon (if Amazon fulfills order) or buy them in person. That way you'll be able to easily replace the batteries if you run into this issue. And, when you do finally get a hold good batteries, make sure you keep them stored at the proper storage levels so this does not happen.

and thats the problem, I see posts and reviews everywhere about these batteries being dead out of the box.. what in the heck is DJI doing because they certainly are not doing things right!

and thats the problem, I see posts and reviews everywhere about these batteries being dead out of the box.. what in the heck is DJI doing because they certainly are not doing things right!
Absolutely nothing. They will not even acknowledge there is a known issue with their batteries which clearly there was because they had to re-write part of the firmware to specifically address this problem.

Welcome to the club of DOA TB47's. Got my Inspire 1v2 from B&H and they said they could not take back the DOA battery because it was part of a package and I would have to send the Inspire 1 package back. Well I also ordered two TB48s with my package order and was flying my bird already so did not want to send it all back. Contacted DJI and it seemed like they were going to take back the TB47 and give me another one. Well, I waited for the return authorization and it never came. I contacted them again and they stopped responding. Very poor customer service. However, everything else works great so I just gave up on the replacement TB47. It was an inferior product anyway so I really did not want to mix my four TB48s with a TB47. You should purchase at least four TB48 batteries for your flights as the flight time of 16-18 minutes per battery goes quickly. Good luck with your Inspire 1. It really is a great product.

Reactions: firedawg
Im still sitting waiting for a replacement TB47 battery to be sent, 1 month now and I have yet to be able to fly my $2k paperweight
:mad: and on top of that I purchased another TB47 battery and that too arrived dead! this is ridiculous!

I've ordered 3 Inspires from Camrise all with dead TB47 batteries, Camrise has always taken the battery back and sent me a new battery with no questions asked.

Sent via my Note 7

Reactions: firedawg
I am still waiting on the replacement TB47 to be sent, bought a TB48 and it works! now running into the problem getting the Inspire activated for the first time through DJI Go- "Activation Failed, Please Retry" Activation Server Error :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg