Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47 vs TB48

Reaction score
As someone who just bought an Inspire 1 V2.0, batteries have been hard to find. The battery that came with the I1 was DOA and is in for replacement; I am now considering whether to get TB47 or TB48 batteries. I have a friend who helped fly I1V1's for a company and recalled having repeated issues with the TB47 batteries (I assume TB47's came out with the V1 and TB48's came out with the V2). My question is this: besides the obvious flight time difference, are there any differences in the software/hardware board/controller in the TB48 that would create an improvement over the TB47 in reliability or quality?

As someone who just bought an Inspire 1 V2.0, batteries have been hard to find. The battery that came with the I1 was DOA and is in for replacement; I am now considering whether to get TB47 or TB48 batteries. I have a friend who helped fly I1V1's for a company and recalled having repeated issues with the TB47 batteries (I assume TB47's came out with the V1 and TB48's came out with the V2). My question is this: besides the obvious flight time difference, are there any differences in the software/hardware board/controller in the TB48 that would create an improvement over the TB47 in reliability or quality?
You mean like this thread here.... (by typing in ‘TB47 v TB48’ in the search field)

There is no difference between the two packs other than capacity/nominal voltage/Wh

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Hi, DJI only released the TB47 so it would come under the 99.9WH capacity permitted for air travel (hand baggage not check in). Always source the TB48 if air travel is not important for you

Reactions: tai_mingle
You mean like this thread here.... (by typing in ‘TB47 v TB48’ in the search field)

There is no difference between the two packs other than capacity/nominal voltage/Wh
I have already looked at every thread I could find about this and not one of them ask the question that I have asked. I appreciate your response.

Hi, DJI only released the TB47 so it would come under the 99.9WH capacity permitted for air travel (hand baggage not check in). Always source the TB48 if air travel is not important for you
I was going to mention that, as I travel with multiple individuals, it would be easy enough to fly with two TB48's (the max allowed per person by the TSA) in every person's carry-on (6 total). Otherwise, I could ship the batteries to my destination ahead of time. Are you saying that the TB47 was released after the TB48?

Either way, travel or not, if new to the I1.
Keep in mind, even the new TB47/48 are old stock and the LiPo gel has a lifespan... new old stock have already begun gel decay and maximum run time is depreciating. Charge cycles (used) increases the decay but there are no fresh new TB47/48 from DJI.

If you want fresh max life and max run time, you might want to explore recycled as offered by Koptermax. Another thread references and provides contact info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg