Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 and some questions

Reaction score
Hello there ,
i just purchased TB48 5700mAh battery from a local dealer and I have some questions as I am suspicious
1- the battery's box was unsealed and when I asked why? they informed me that because some times there is a mistake as they found TB47 in TB48 boxes !! so I checked the history in the app and found flight time was 0 and times charged was also 0 . is the history accurate ? because if it is that means they are telling the truth and the battery hasn't be used .
2- when I asked them about after sale support they informed me that DJI no longer run support through dealer since 2 months now ! and if I have any problem I should contact DJI myself . as Dealers are no longer responsible . is that true ??
3- in the receipt there is no serial number for the product I am afraid this will affect the warranty .
thank you

Hello there ,
i just purchased TB48 5700mAh battery from a local dealer and I have some questions as I am suspicious
1- the battery's box was unsealed and when I asked why? they informed me that because some times there is a mistake as they found TB47 in TB48 boxes !! so I checked the history in the app and found flight time was 0 and times charged was also 0 . is the history accurate ? because if it is that means they are telling the truth and the battery hasn't be used .
2- when I asked them about after sale support they informed me that DJI no longer run support through dealer since 2 months now ! and if I have any problem I should contact DJI myself . as Dealers are no longer responsible . is that true ??
3- in the receipt there is no serial number for the product I am afraid this will affect the warranty .
thank you
Hi Dr Wally

Welcome to the InspirePilots forum.

You don't say which country you are and the dealer are in as this can affect your consumer rights. In the UK it is the dealer who is responsible for providing the correct item that is fit for use and for any warranty issues for the first 12 months.

If your TB48 (or TB47) is genuine, the serial number on the base of the battery (small on barcode sticker) should match that on the white retail box and outer brown box. I can't say anything about the battery history as I don't use it.

I personally would not be concerned about the lack of a serial number on the receipt. You would not get it if you brought online from DJI or through Amazon.

Question Answered: 1,2,3

Hi Dr Wally

1) If a Battery Box was unsealed this could be due to not sealed properly at factory , but if you put the Battery in in the Inspire 1 and checked the app this should tell you if its been used more then 1 charge?
2) DJI repairs all Inspire Units in house
3) The receipt dose not need to included on the receipt for the warranty, As long as their an Authorized Dealer then your O.K.
Hope this helps

Hi Dr Wally

You don't say which country you are and the dealer are in as this can affect your consumer rights. In the UK it is the dealer who is responsible for providing the correct item that is fit for use and for any warranty issues for the first 12 months.

If your TB48 (or TB47) is genuine, the serial number on the base of the battery (small on barcode sticker) should match that on the white retail box and outer brown box. I can't say anything about the battery history as I don't use it.

I personally would not be concerned about the lack of a serial number on the receipt. You would not get it if you brought online from DJI or through Amazon.
Thanks scotflieger you for your replay ,
I am in North America , Canada Ontario .
Thank you

Question Answered: 1,2,3

Hi Dr Wally

1) If a Battery Box was unsealed this could be due to not sealed properly at factory , but if you put the Battery in in the Inspire 1 and checked the app this should tell you if its been used more then 1 charge?
2) DJI repairs all Inspire Units in house
3) The receipt dose not need to included on the receipt for the warranty, As long as their an Authorized Dealer then your O.K.
Hope this helps
Thank you Carlo for your help .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters