Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB48 discontinued?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I couldn't find any search results so I thought I ask here, is there a newer TB48 coming out? Kinda odd you can only buy TB47 from DJI site these days? Anyone has any inside info? :)

Another thing I noticed BHphoto listed these batteries as discontinued as well?

Find local dealers, it's becoming hard to ship large capacity Li-Pos.

Yeah I just get a message saying "not available in your region" obviously can't ship them.... Annoying

There are still retailers can ship TB48 from oversea, I just want to make sure there are not any newer models coming before I buy more. :D

I think it has to do with air shipping a LIPO that is above the 100MWh rating (the TB47 is 99.9 so they must have sized it specifically to just slip under the threshold). Still, shipping to Canada, anything I've received from DJI has been via ground so not sure why it's an issue but likewise, I can't order the TB48 to a Canadian address. A couple of local dealers have them, so I will buy that route (also I hope it's easier to deal with returns on bricked/faulty batteries with a local supplier)

Reactions: wbill
I think it has to do with air shipping a LIPO that is above the 100MWh rating (the TB47 is 99.9 so they must have sized it specifically to just slip under the threshold). Still, shipping to Canada, anything I've received from DJI has been via ground so not sure why it's an issue but likewise, I can't order the TB48 to a Canadian address. A couple of local dealers have them, so I will buy that route (also I hope it's easier to deal with returns on bricked/faulty batteries with a local supplier)

I agree, always try to support the local dealers as long as their price aint too insane. my only problem is there aint many black TB48 in Canada. :D

There's a huge difference in the variety and pricing of the offerings on Amazon.com vs Amazon.ca. I find that I'm often buying on the USA site and shipping to my USA office -- not always convenient, but sometimes necessary. There are many things that are just not offered on the Canadian Amazon at all, or are ridiculously priced.

One thing that may be handy for Americans to know is that many cameras and lenses are actually cheaper here than in the USA. This works best if you're planning to visit Canada, as the government will rebate the HST (sales tax) to Americans by mail-in form if you bought while on a visit here. And many of the manufacturers now have North America wide warranties (ie Fujifilm), so there's no downside.

There's a really good site for doing price comparisons here: www.photoprice.ca remember, the prices are in Canadian dollars - exchange rate is $0.76 today -- and final pricing will show shipping and HST -- which you won't have to worry about if you shop here..you'll get that money back.

I agree, always try to support the local dealers as long as their price aint too insane. my only problem is there aint many black TB48 in Canada. :D
Not sure where in Canada you are, but I picked up a spare battery from helivideopros. I only needed white, but they have black too. They're in Burnaby, BC. It's $280 for the black 48.

I had 2 47 and 2 48. I don't find the extra time of 48s worth the price and also since they exceed 100Wh i added 2 47s that i can take with me in the plane. we shoot only stills...

Reactions: John Archer
Not sure where in Canada you are, but I picked up a spare battery from helivideopros. I only needed white, but they have black too. They're in Burnaby, BC. It's $280 for the black 48.

Edmonton, Alberta. I don't think we carry anything in stock here these days. :D

Yes, my local dealer told me they have to ship by ground now...so if you're not accessible by sea or ground then you're screwed...:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962