Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB50 battery cycle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to Inspire and possibly will be asking loads of questions, but hopefully at some point will be able to help some good people too.

I see that for Inspire 1 (and Phantoms) batteries needs to fully discharged and charged every 20-30 cycles. On website DJI says it's not needed, but after attempting to talk with their support ( complete lack of knowledge) I'm very confused.

So does complete discharge and charge batteries TB50 is needed ?

The "battery manual" states a Full charge and full discharge every 2 months to maintain the battery performance. The manual is the one that came in the box with the battery. For the Phantom battery there are a number of discharge kits you will find on ebay but for the Inspire 2 we are still waiting (new kit and 3rd parties not released any accessories yet)
The obvious short term for the Inspire 2 is to hover at 2 metre with landing gear down and watch the battery level when it gets to around 10% it will land automatically. Best to plan this as part of a mission end for a battery (pair in cases of Inspire 2) once you have reached the required number of flights / days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop