Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tell me the same with you in Inspire2

Reaction score
The copter does not behave quite steadily in relation to the vertical height. Half a meter down, half a meter up. It happens sometimes, but almost every time. I'm thinking about changing my native propellers for carbon folding propellers. All four propellers have backlash in native propellers, and it does not depend on the new propeller or the old one, there is backlash.

The prop slop has been a long known I2 issue. Multiple threads on subject, but it comes down to method to prevent. The DJI method was inserting small foam pads inside the prop’s center cavity... that does work normally.
Do you have the little pads inserted into your props?

Another method were shims... several types have been created. The ones that are retail made with good success are by Ultimadrone. They also make a motor reinforcement that looks OEM when installed. Initially, there was a bonding issue with motors, and they’d rotate or disconnect... if that’s a concern take a look at their other I2 product.

If you go with 3rd party props, they normally include new mounts that screw down or replace the disconnect with a screw / spin-on mount. T-motor and Xoar, are both great... used them both... fixed & folding, and use the Xoar spin-on mounts.

Thx for the link to Atallani. One of their kits includes both prop shims and a motor stabilizer that prevents detachment and rotation. Wow, haven't heard of motor loss. I'm going to give the kit a try.

Sometimes tightening things up can transfer torque to components that exceeds design limits. I will ask Atallani before I order.

Cheers from Idaho

The motor rotation issues existed initially with I2 release and they made the motor retention kit a few years before they made the prop shims.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop