Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia the best 3d mapping program all readers

Reaction score
Hi All
this is not country specific and i in away don't like that we need to choose one BUT anyways .

So i have been playing with pix4d pro trial and its ok to use but my 3d models just are not clear and the contour surveys just are not what i would class as client ready.

I do believe this maybe more user error than program.
I was very curious to what other operators are using to give there client the best product and easiest to use , as these programs are at a high cost id prefer a easy to use with great results before paying $400 aud per month.

attached are samples using the X5 at 71 deg per pix4d advicetest 71 deg roof.jpg test 71 deg roof.jpg

please share your experiences .
cheers

Attachments

• test 71 deg garage.jpg
    test 71 deg garage.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Have a look at DroneDeploy.
I haven't tried it around buildings but it's great for orthophotos
Or Agisoft Photoscan if you're wanting to generate contour plots.

Have a look at DroneDeploy.
I haven't tried it around buildings but it's great for orthophotos
Or Agisoft Photoscan if you're wanting to generate contour plots.
Thanks Meta,
the thing about drone deploy is uploading the data, this project was 123 pics and in Aus our internet is crap in my area and id be looking at days to upload it.
I tried agisoft but my pc isnt good enough it kept saying not enough memory .

Thanks Meta,
the thing about drone deploy is uploading the data, this project was 123 pics and in Aus our internet is crap in my area and id be looking at days to upload it.
I tried agisoft but my pc isnt good enough it kept saying not enough memory .
You really got to invest somewhere if you want to do photogrammetry, online service or own workstation and software. There is no cheap option here for professional results.

You really got to invest somewhere if you want to do photogrammetry, online service or own workstation and software. There is no cheap option here for professional results.
yes thats 100%true, i just want to invest in the better result for the client and also a user friendly program.

well after 9 or more hours i am still watching drone deploy process my 90 images , the quality stitch arrow going yellow on and off .
awesome if i could charge the client per hour for that, but im sure i would have no clients real quick.....

well after 9 or more hours i am still watching drone deploy process my 90 images , the quality stitch arrow going yellow on and off .
awesome if i could charge the client per hour for that, but im sure i would have no clients real quick.....
That's why I have an expensive workstation, Photoscan Pro and do my own with granular control that I will never get from a bulk online service provider. Don't get me wrong I see there is a market for them, however just not for me.

Reactions: dasko
That's why I have an expensive workstation, Photoscan Pro and do my own with granular control that I will never get from a bulk online service provider. Don't get me wrong I see there is a market for them, however just not for me.
i just needed to try it to know for my self, i will be interested if the end product is better than pix to be honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool