Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

The sound of ticking from x5s

Reaction score
Hello. I have a problem with my camera X5S Inspire 2. The moment I turn on the camera, I hear a strange sound similar to a ticking. During the recording, the image flickers on the recording. I am sending sound and image recording.

Unfortunately, I thought so. the interesting thing is that it does not occur regularly.

I checked the camera and there was nothing there. there is something else. After the camera problems began, the image was suspended during the flight. During the next flight the image was overexposed and I could not change anything, once again the picture was black.

I checked the camera and there was nothing there. there is something else. After the camera problems began, the image was suspended during the flight. During the next flight the image was overexposed and I could not change anything, once again the picture was black.

When you take the camera off make sure there is no debris on the contacts of the camera and on the contacts on the aircraft.

I will check it carefully again. Tomorrow I will repeat the test in the air. At the moment I am trying to repeat this sound, but without success. Thank you very much for help.

What lens were you using?

I ask because the DJI stock lens when put onto my Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II makes the same ticking noise. Worse part is it will also freeze that body up too.

Olympus did do some firmware updates to some of their own lenses that involved the aperture when doing video. My 45mm Oly. lens was doing it until the firmware update made to it by Olympus (I didn't own a Olympus camera at the time to do it myself. It went from version 1.0 to version 1.2). Unfortunately I cannot update the DJI lens if it requires and update for its aperture control since it's DJI branded Panasonic and Panasonic doesn't show an update for it either.

Try another lens if you have one and see if it stops ticking.

Hi, I'm using a DJI 15 mm lens. I tested the camera several times today. so far the camera is working. Unfortunately, the problem occurs irregularly. Yesterday I calibrated the camera and cleaned the link. since yesterday I did not hear that sound.

Hello. I have a problem with my camera X5S Inspire 2. The moment I turn on the camera, I hear a strange sound similar to a ticking. During the recording, the image flickers on the recording. I am sending sound and image recording.

I had the same problem. One of the lens contacts in the gimbal side had a bad spring and wasn't resetting itself, causeing bad contact with the lens.I gave it a push and it popped back into position. A temporary solution until I can ship it back to dji for repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44