Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Thermal imaging for Inspire 2

Does anybody have a solution for the Inspire 2 ?
Yes I use a third party gimbra transmitter solution that has a 5.8 ghz transmitter to send back real-time from the Flirvue Pro 336 sensor. Receiver is a Flysight monitor. A Bluetooth controller lets me control the camera, two axis, change three configured color pallets and start/stop the camera. Feel free to PM me and I’ll provide more details. I actually need to move up to an XT so willing to let setup go cheap if interested

Reactions: ToolmanTim
Do you have any pictures of the setup?

For the XT , what is involved to fit to the I2.

I thought is was only suitable for the Inspire 1.

Last edited:
Yeh Editor is correct. Several companies out there. Tony from SUas.com also makes one. The XT needs different craft. Yes this setup is half the cost of an I1 with an XT, but it has its limitations. It all depends on what your business needs are. That’s why I offered to share my number and talk to you if you PM me. Just don’t want to see someone else make the same mistake I made. It’s not that this type of solution is a bad choice. It all depends what you end game is. It just doesn’t fit my current needs

Are you guys doing home thermal inspections with the Flir cameras? I'm ignorant as to business opportunities that Flir provides. It appears as if the Flir equipment is as much or more as a fully loaded I2 but is there an open market for Flir pilots? Just looking for a little education as to how Flir can be a revenue stream for a drone pilot.

I use a Flir VUepro640 and gimbal from dronexpert.nl which after some "tweaks" works very well even using the I2 battery. Not integrated with the DJI digital link but very useful up to 1km away ( line of sight without trees).

I use a Flir VUepro640 and gimbal from dronexpert.nl which after some "tweaks" works very well even using the I2 battery. Not integrated with the DJI digital link but very useful up to 1km away ( line of sight without trees).
So what kind of "tweaks" are you referring to? My I2 gets delivered tomorrow to DronExperts for the thermal rigging. Did you do the install yourself (for power) or did you have them incorporate everything into your drone?

Good morning -

I just got my I2 back from DronExpert. By what a shipping hassle that turned out to be.

A few questions for you if you don't mind.

I got all the equipment but they shipped me a European plug for the tablet plus shorted me a cable. I'm currently working on getting that resolved. Documentation seems to be extremely limited too. When you charge the tablet, does the power supply convert ac to dc and do you plug into the dc in jack to charge? I'm even wondering if they sent me the right tablet!

Thanks,

Matt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop