Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This guy is flying over central London...

I can't believe people fly over central London and then post it online for the whole world to see.

I fear this will only get worse with the introduction of the Mavic!
Looking at the comments on the PooTube channel most idiots think it's a 'cool video' and one user wants to use the footage for a video!

I have just reported the idiot to the CAA with a link to the video.
Can I ask that others please do the same......
You can report here
CAA whistleblowing policy | UK Civil Aviation Authority
And also send an email to [email protected].
The offence should also be reported to The City of London Police who take responsibility for investigating these illegal flights.
Reporting a crime

The more reports they get, hopefully they will do something about it.

I totally agree that this should be reported to the CAA, but I can't see the point in contacting the police as the flight, as it is shown, isn't criminal until someone was injured or damaged. Its more likely to be a civil matter. (am I correct?)

I really wish people would be more responsible and think about what they are actually doing and what can happen if it goes wrong though.

I totally agree that this should be reported to the CAA, but I can't see the point in contacting the police as the flight, as it is shown, isn't criminal until someone was injured or damaged. Its more likely to be a civil matter. (am I correct?)

I really wish people would be more responsible and think about what they are actually doing and what can happen if it goes wrong though.
The problem is, the CAA have handed over these matters to the police now since they either do not have the man power or can't be bothered to investigate and prosecute (sound like the police as well I guess) but anyway apparently the boys in blue have been 'trained' to understand what is and isn't a legal flight - NQE's have been rolling out ground school training to the constabulary.
This flight would easily fall into illegal territory and with an admission of no authority for the flight from the CAA on his comments I would have thought easy pickings for the Rosser's!

Reactions: TheSaffer
This has catastrophic incident written all over it.
The airspace over London city is far busier than most people realise.

Police heli working low level.
Helimed low level to surface during daylight hours.
Commercial heli traffic in and out of Battersea.
Air traffic in and out of City airport.

Ignorance is no defence when you're putting other peoples lives in danger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool