Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

This one looks dangerous...

Yeah - there is no way this jerk holds PFAW. If he did he wouldn't even contemplate flying that close to a child. :eek:.
I think somebody would be doing the UAV industry a service to report this. There are so many breaches of the ANO in his videos it's scary.
Check out 2:23 and 2:32 - Holy crap, this guy needs reporting!

Selling his stuff on Getty.... Takes the biscuit. He has no PFAW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, having another look at this in the cold light of day, this is one of the most dangerous pieces of UAV flying I have seen on this forum.
Where children are involved there is absolutely no excuse for this type of recklessness.
I have emailed the CAA on this one as this guy not only doesn't hold PFAW (nor does the company) but his flying is outright dangerous.
Can I ask if you are inclined to also send an email to the CAA as the more complaints they get the more likely they are to actually act on the complaint(s).
The address is [email protected]
It would help if you put a link to the YouTube video from this guy's channel and maybe a link to his website/Facebook etc where he is clearly undertaking commercial work. He won't be doing Getty stuff for the love of it.
I have done all of the above, will leave it to you guys if you want.
I would never normally take this action but danger to kids cannot be ignored - sorry.

Thanks guys.

Guys, having another look at this in the cold light of day, this is one of the most dangerous pieces of UAV flying I have seen on this forum.
Where children are involved there is absolutely no excuse for this type of recklessness.
I have emailed the CAA on this one as this guy not only doesn't hold PFAW (nor does the company) but his flying is outright dangerous.
Can I ask if you are inclined to also send an email to the CAA as the more complaints they get the more likely they are to actually act on the complaint(s).
It would help if you put a link to the YouTube video from this guy's channel and maybe a link to his website/Facebook etc where he is clearly undertaking commercial work. He won't be doing Getty stuff for the love of it.
I would never normally take this action but danger to kids cannot be ignored - sorry.

Thanks guys.

hmm... Editor, with all respect and appologies for my ignorance can you specify what was dangerous or let me ask different, how far should he have been from the kid or kids?
personally i for my part did not really understand what was dangerous. the car in the middle of nowhere might have been not exactly overtop but on the side and lets not forget that the camera gives a closer look of thing than it really is. i am not endorsing nor am i saying it ok what can be seen in the video and please do get me wrong, but i would like to know what regulation are there regarding flying around or over people.

i am curious about the rules.
cheers

Thanks guys.

Check his LinkedIn profile - he says he's a UAV CAA pilot (no mention of PFAW)

hmm... Editor, with all respect and appologies for my ignorance can you specify what was dangerous or let me ask different, how far should he have been from the kid or kids?
personally i for my part did not really understand what was dangerous. the car in the middle of nowhere might have been not exactly overtop but on the side and lets not forget that the camera gives a closer look of thing than it really is. i am not endorsing nor am i saying it ok what can be seen in the video and please do get me wrong, but i would like to know what regulation are there regarding flying around or over people.

i am curious about the rules.
cheers

50 metres minimum from any person not in his control....

aha... can you point me to some online documentation?
i will have to check and see if i as a non UK citizen am able to get a certification. this way i would have a based workflow i can stick to.

aha... can you point me to some online documentation?
i will have to check and see if i as a non UK citizen am able to get a certification. this way i would have a based workflow i can stick to.

If you are doing as a hobby - then you can't get a certificate less than 50m.

As a PFAW holder (whether resident or not, that is moot), you can apply for less restrictions depending on several factors. These will tend to be one off permissions and will cost you time and money to achieve.

00ef2c1f4978da560b2727a21efd71be.jpg

This is the screen grab for the general permissions given to SUAV commercial operators.

These same rules apply to hobbyists - it's just that PFAW holders CAN apply for restrictions to be lessened under certain situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not condoning it but maybe it was all 'under his control' including the kid. However even if the the kid was under his control it was dangerous and would fall under the more general par 138 'A person must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger any person or property'

I feel one has to be so careful about judging and even more careful about reporting.

As far as not being on the CAA list is concerned, the PiC could be a different company or person than is marketing it. The CAA is concerned about safety (so they say) and they govern the pilot, not whose watermark is on the footage.

Claiming in LinkedIn to be a CAA pilot and not holding a PFAW is a different kettle of fish altogether.

I'm not condoning it but maybe it was all 'under his control' including the kid. However even if the the kid was under his control it was dangerous and would fall under the more general par 138 'A person must not recklessly or negligently cause or permit an aircraft to endanger any person or property'

I feel one has to be so careful about judging and even more careful about reporting.

As far as not being on the CAA list is concerned, the PiC could be a different company or person than is marketing it. The CAA is concerned about safety (so they say) and they govern the pilot, not whose watermark is on the footage.

Claiming in LinkedIn to be a CAA pilot and not holding a PFAW is a different kettle of fish altogether.
Fair comment - but I watched the film that is being marketed on Getty and the end credit says all flying and editing done by him...

I'd be more comfortable reading this thread if the person in question was a member of this forum and able to respond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool