Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

To purchase or not to purchase the Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Been a long time phantompilots member. I am in the market to purchase another UAS for commercial purposes. I seem to read a lot of posts with Inspire 2 issues. Is this in fact the case? I don’t want to invest $3000 for the UAS only and be plagued with issues off the bat. Are these issues due to DJI firmware or the Inspire itself? Opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Advexure
The one software issue DJI has with the Inspire 2, is it does not have the POI feature which the phantoms and inspire 1 have. Not a crisis, but limiting for me. Most of the time, I am using the P4P and only in high wind, or extreme cold where I can say I NEEDED the Inspire 2. I am sure this depends on the type of work you are doing.

Hi @Kcso53, welcome to the InspirePilots forum, we are happy to have you here. We are long time PhantomPilots members and contributors as well over there, thanks for joining the Inspire group! It’s a great question you raise and a discussion we’d be happy to have with you as we have worked hands on with the entire Inspire series lineup since the launch of the I2 back in 2014.

As with all public discussion domains, typically a lot more of the negative is expressed and those that are happy and off and running successfully may be minding their own business, only returning to the boards to voice issues and seek help/advice. This isn’t always the case but is definitely worth noting.

We have many clients operating full service aerial businesses with the I2 as their main platform and they are very successful in their operations. Yes, problems arise, but near all problems can be resolved. What it comes down to is doing the necessary research on the front end, working with a team who you can rely on for support on your professional or enterprise level system, and you the pilot in command operating safe and smart.

I hope our advice and brief insight is helpful to you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for additional conversation with one of our team members. Thank you.

Reactions: Talon Six
I use an I2 with X5S Camera for mapping and inspection work and have for the last year. The machine is awesome and looks way more professional rocking up on site with it over a phantom.

I guess you guys are the only 4 that don’t have the red prop issue and the consistent landing gear stick issues... awesomeness

Been a long time phantompilots member. I am in the market to purchase another UAS for commercial purposes. I seem to read a lot of posts with Inspire 2 issues. Is this in fact the case? I don’t want to invest $3000 for the UAS only and be plagued with issues off the bat. Are these issues due to DJI firmware or the Inspire itself? Opinions and comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
So, my question to you would be "why?" on choosing an Inspire 2 instead of a P4P. I have them all but, while the Inspires are fun and have wow factor, they don't come close to providing the value of the P4P in the intended use you mention. If all I were doing was RE then I would stick with a Phantom for many reasons. Easier, cheaper, smaller, etc...

Reactions: fasterpastor
I solved the loose prop situation by replacing with Heliengaden folding CF props. Never have to remove, they are super.
Cost me less than 4% of what I have invested in the bird and camera.
My car came new with cheesy tires on it and that didn't make it a bad car. It just needed better tires.
Never had any trouble with landing gear.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
So, my question to you would be "why?" on choosing an Inspire 2 instead of a P4P. I have them all but, while the Inspires are fun and have wow factor, they don't come close to providing the value of the P4P in the intended use you mention. If all I were doing was RE then I would stick with a Phantom for many reasons. Easier, cheaper, smaller, etc...
You have hit the nail on the head here. For most work, the P4P is a better value and does the job with less $$ risk in the air. If you need the high end camera and the ability to change lenses, then the I2 is for you, but most people don't need that. The I2 helps convey a professional image as the P4 looks like the drone "allthe kids have." If you are doing high end commercials, or TV/movie work, OR it is often very windy in your area, the I2 would be a help. If I was scaling my business up to have several pilots working for me, we would by P4P's with a spare. Hope this helps.

Reactions: oblivie

IMO, the only reason between the two is, the GIMBAL factor. Most P4 users fly their move’s vs gimbaling them. The Inspire can hover/fly and able to gimbal almost 360 and not have anything in the way (landing gear) having smoother shot's (using the gimbal fully) is the value of the AC i think. Optics and being a pixel peeper is a different thread. :D

Reactions: fasterpastor
The I2 is a much larger investment when you look at batteries and everything, if you need interchangeable cameras or Raw then the I2 is the one to go with, if you are happy with the 1 Inch sensor and 100 mbps then go with the P4 Pro, the less money you have in the air the better you are, it’s that simple really.

I would wait and see if a p5 is landing soon. We pulled out full price for our I1 raw and 2 months later the i2 landed. It was very hard to bear.Try and find out exactly when the latest is due and make your money go further :)

Reactions: Dr. Ifly Drones
I would wait and see if a p5 is landing soon. We pulled out full price for our I1 raw and 2 months later the i2 landed. It was very hard to bear.Try and find out exactly when the latest is due and make your money go further :)
I've also been one to enjoy the "just purchased this great new DJI product" only to see a new item come out within a month. I got butt hurt both times but, it happens. I've honestly wondered if what might come next is actually a hybrid Phantom 5 that would have folding arms like the Mavic and even possibly some sort of retractable landing gear. Currently, the P4P is a technologic masterpiece and also DJI's most under appreciated airframe. If they could transmorgify at P4P with a Mavic Pro and have it available at the ~$2K US price range, it would dominate.

I've also been one to enjoy the "just purchased this great new DJI product" only to see a new item come out within a month. I got butt hurt both times but, it happens. I've honestly wondered if what might come next is actually a hybrid Phantom 5 that would have folding arms like the Mavic and even possibly some sort of retractable landing gear. Currently, the P4P is a technologic masterpiece and also DJI's most under appreciated airframe. If they could transmorgify at P4P with a Mavic Pro and have it available at the ~$2K US price range, it would dominate.

Purely on a speculative front i am wondering if something special will land soon that will a go between or inspire phantom, thus why i would advise anyone to wait or just get a second hand p4p for now ,Its a worthy back up anyway for starting out so no money lost :)

Why? The Phantom X will be out after that. LOL

Get a drone. Life's too short to worry. Something newer and fancier will always be released after. It's just a matter of time.

Reactions: oblivie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide