Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Topo survey cost

Reaction score
hi all,

I've just started to do some survey work for a client who is a land agent and develops sites for their own clients and they need on a fairly regular basis Topo surveys of each new development they take on.

I've been lucky energy to get the contract with them to provide aerial images as well as the survey of each site.

They are generally happy to use the accuracy obtained by just using the drone and do not need to use ground control points.

My question is What is the going rate for Topo elivation and volume surveys using drone deploy.

The case study I used to demonstrate the equipment to them was a 10 hectare plot, I know that some of you on here such as "Irish" already do a fair bit of survey work I just want to know what our industry standard so to speak is as to not under cut or over price the work and to safe guard our future as commercial operators.

Regards

Reactions: roninsteel
So you're asking rivals how much they charge clients for jobs?
Good luck with obtaining that information :).

You need to be sneaky with that stuff, I got friends who work in various sectors, so I just ask them to ping whichever rival I think I need t worry about with a fake query from their works email address, the drone op has to take the query seriously, and then they just give me their prices and then I undercut them with better work.

But really this is just basic business stuff that goes on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kino
i see what you mean, it was just a thought as I want to charge a fair price for the service to the client and not undercut our fellow operators. My guess is that it will be way cheaper than using a convential survey company even if I charge top dollar for the service that I can provide them with.

I was reading a case study on a plot of land the same size as the one I used for the demo to the client and it worked out that it would take roughly 44 hours using convential methods and 5 hours using a drone and software like drone deploy.

The savings to the customer are going to be massive as well as having the data back to them in much quicker time spans than otherwise .

Reactions: zulu
I had wondered the same, as I did not want to be miles cheaper than anyone else on the market but still remain competitive, but need to be carefull it doesn't get construed as price fixing [emoji23][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Or work from a business plan what you need to charge, otherwise you may be cutting your own throat.
You don't say what accuracy is required? This will be the biggest impact on cost. Do you understand photogrammetry enough to set this up accurately? If so it's a professional skill that should be charged accordingly. Find out what you will be charged for setting out the GCPs. What type of data does the client require? In what format?
Way too many variables at the moment to give a price.
Unless you have a VERY robust business, competing just on price will only end one way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez