Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Travel mode, gear not locked

Reaction score
Website
www.desertwindaeronautical.com
The last time I flew, I noticed when placing the Inspire into the case that the travel mode was not locked...I could physically move the gear down, then back up to the landing mode configuration.

I powered everything back up, flicked it out of then back into travel mode, checked, and still was able to move it.

There was no crash, nor was there any indication of anything wrong during the last flight.

Any suggestions?

The last time I flew, I noticed when placing the Inspire into the case that the travel mode was not locked...I could physically move the gear down, then back up to the landing mode configuration.

I powered everything back up, flicked it out of then back into travel mode, checked, and still was able to move it.

There was no crash, nor was there any indication of anything wrong during the last flight.

Any suggestions?
My guess would be the two retaining nuts on your main arms have come loose.
DO NOT FLY IT IN THAT CONDITION!
Find out why the arms are freely moving and if it is those arm nuts they will need retightening but also ensuring you have the angle of the arms correct.
I would suggest a dealer take a look at this.

My guess would be the two retaining nuts on your main arms have come loose.
DO NOT FLY IT IN THAT CONDITION!
Find out why the arms are freely moving and if it is those arm nuts they will need retightening but also ensuring you have the angle of the arms correct.
I would suggest a dealer take a look at this.

Thank you!

Can you provide a photo of the arm nuts that might need tightening?

Thank you!

Can you provide a photo of the arm nuts that might need tightening?
They are the large nuts on the T-Piece where the arms feed off to the motors.

Here -
images

If it isn't those you will need to investigate further.

Reactions: DesertWindAero

This is what broke.
Ahhhh.....you must have had a crash or hard landing for the worm screw to look like that!
If you do not feel comfortable stripping your airframe down (and getting some parts of FleaBay etc) then you will need to send it in I'm afraid.

Ahhhh.....you must have had a crash or hard landing for the worm screw to look like that!
If you do not feel comfortable stripping your airframe down (and getting some parts of FleaBay etc) then you will need to send it in I'm afraid.

Yes, a relatively hard landing a couple of months ago...but, just noticed something wrong the other day. It's flown several times since with no issues...but, I was just probably lucky.

I'll be sending it in, thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo