Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Trying to compile regulations around the world

Reaction score
Hello guys!!

First, let me present myself. My name is Joao and I'm writing from Brazil. I've been into RC model planes for around 15 years already, and also have a private pilot license. I´ve been around this forum for some time, and it has really helped me a lot. I think this is only my second or third post around, but couldn´t say how many discussions have helped me.

Down here, we're still in baby steps about drone regulation, mainly, im my opinion, waiting to follow what the FAA is going to do. Here in Brazil we have 2 institutions which controls things that fly. One of them is ANAC, which is the equivalent as the FAA and CAA in the UK. The other is a military organization called DECEA, which controls the airspace. Basically ANAC deals with pilots and aircraft licenses, airports and so on, and DECEA controls the tower and radio comms in the airspace. It is also DECEA which publishes the maps and routes.

So, here in Brazil we have already an instruction published by DECEA, which states how to operate into the airspace with small UAVs. On the other hand, ANAC still didn't release any regulations regarding license, courses or whatever will be needed to be a licensed drone pilot and do commercial applications. It did make a public consultation about their proposed ruling, already off the table for propositions, and expected to be released later this year (around april or july).

The help I´m looking for here, is for anyone to point me to their regulations, so I could compile what other countries are doing about this rising issue that is this small UAVs. I know already that UK has something already enforced, and the FAA is going to propose something similar. Already started with the registrations for every drone sold.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone could point me to the regulations, I´d appreciate a lot.
Thank you!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44