Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Turning on TB50 batteries?

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have read through multiple threads on here and can't find any information that actually works yet. I am looking to figure out how to turn on the TB50/TB55 batteries without the batteries being attached to the I2. I previously read that you could jump two pins on the battery with a 3k resister but that doesn't work. Anyone have any new info on this? Thanks.

Push and release and then push and hold the power button on the battery pack for several seconds and it will turn on and pre heat if it's cold enough

Hi guys,
I have read through multiple threads on here and can't find any information that actually works yet. I am looking to figure out how to turn on the TB50/TB55 batteries without the batteries being attached to the I2. I previously read that you could jump two pins on the battery with a 3k resister but that doesn't work. Anyone have any new info on this? Thanks.
Page 32 of the manual.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Hi guys,
Are you looking to turn them on to warm them up in cold weather or to use them to power something else? When using the cable to charge a remote or power aa crystal sky hub, the battery turns itself on automatically to power / charge the device. To turn them on to warm them up in cold weather you have to press and hold the button. It sounds more like you are trying to use them as a power source but let us know if we can help further.

Are you looking to turn them on to warm them up in cold weather or to use them to power something else? When using the cable to charge a remote or power aa crystal sky hub, the battery turns itself on automatically to power / charge the device. To turn them on to warm them up in cold weather you have to press and hold the button. It sounds more like you are trying to use them as a power source but let us know if we can help further.
Yes looking to use as a power source. Not to warm them.

Yes looking to use as a power source. Not to warm them.

Thats what it sounded like. It might not be elegant, but you could always use this cord (which initiates the power flow to the remote or crystal sky charging hub) and make a barrel to "whatever you need to power" cable to plug into the end of it. And while I have not tried this, I don't think the cord or battery will care what device on the other end is attempting to draw power from the battery.

Inspire 2 Remote Controller Charging Cable

Hi guys,

did you find any answer ? thx

Yes. Not simple.

are you for real letting me hang here and not sharing the answer to the problem? I mean come on man you came here taking the time from the community and when it´s on you to give back you don´t share your knowledge ? I would have expected you to come back here and present the answer if you found it somewhere else ... even before me asking ...

Reactions: marctronixx
Required us building a custom PCB board and programming it to handshake with the battery. Nothing off the shelf will work.

Actually using the power cord as @Florida Drone Supply suggested in post #7 works well and is very simple for an off the shelf product as shown in this short video I created.

This is the way i ended up going , if you open up the plastic you can source a pcb that handshakes with the battery and you can directly attach thick power cords (awg10) directly to the 4x plus and 4x minus pins and draw all the power you want ... no need for a custom pcb ... sorry Josh for calling you out but i got so annoyed by the gate keeping attitude surrounding this topic by people who figured how it works ...

Reactions: marctronixx
This is the way i ended up going , if you open up the plastic you can source a pcb that handshakes with the battery and you can directly attach thick power cords (awg10) directly to the 4x plus and 4x minus pins and draw all the power you want ... no need for a custom pcb ... sorry Josh for calling you out but i got so annoyed by the gate keeping attitude surrounding this topic by people who figured how it works ...
No worries. Was only because im swamped that I didn't respond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa