Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Two Questions .. and a girls crew team

Reaction score
Hello ..

I've got much to learn for sure, just about acquisition of good content and data and learn much here by seeing what you've accomplished with your Inspires, not even getting started with post production problems because ALL my equipment needs upgrading first.

BUT

1. How can I get consistent leveling from this gimbal? It's fine on one shot and can't be trusted 30 seconds later and as stated I lack the post processing to level there.

2. Is there / Are there, adjustments to the 'Automatic Camera Settings' that might affect it's responsiveness? I take some shots that span several lighting conditions and assume that you do too with this very mobile camera. I have read here about the optimal manual settings and have used them with success but sometimes that's not an option.

a recent effort can show my problems, at 1:26'ish

again, thanks to you who help each other out, I've learned a bunch here .. just not enough :laughing:

Steelkite. Can I answer your question with a question and then propose a possible answer. What program do you use for video editing? I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and often find the horizon is not level (images as well as video). The technique I use is simple and accurate. I select the clip in the time line and rotate the image/footage slightly by whatever it takes to level the horizon. Adobe allows one decimal place so adjustments can be made to 0.1 of a degree. I then scale up the image just enough to get rid of the black triangles that appear around the rotated image. While I periodical adjust and calibrate the gimbal, there is never any guarantee that it will stay level. Good luck

Hello ..
a recent effort can show my problems, at 1:26'ish

I have been having the same problems recently.
Big tilts like yours at 1:26ish
I yaw back and forth to see if it's the wind, but it's not.
Comes and goes in identical situations.
Pisses me off as that's ALOT to deal with in post, shrinking your media and all.
Maybe it's the newer ios app cause I have been on 1.2.1 since May and this only started happening the last month or so. (I have always had small horizon issues here and there, but never these big tilts).

Thank you for your answer DavidB. I'll give that a try.
I can't predict when it will happen either Carlsberg, it's a royal pain. A gimbal that isn't level isn't a gimbal, it's an angle iron! It might be good to see some expo settings or something in the software for the gimbal, yes?

I'll give that a try Skylab, I know that I did it once but it was ages ago. At the moment the bird's in the hanger for some repairs. Struck an old phone line that I knew that was there, thought that I was clear 'grrrr'

Also, try to center your objects. Some scenes had to much water and the boats were to the right side of the frame.

yeah that's true .. but it all was a very much unplanned shoot. I had just launched, and there they were.

Nice footage. Shooting at sunrise and sunset while moving between front lit and backlit subjects are way too dynamic to get away with. I'm sure you know why, if you set a manual exposure towards the sun, then pan away the frames goes dark. Auto exposure isn't the answer as you won't like that either. I'd expose and shoot those two scenarios separately and edit them as you wish in post knowing you have great stuff in both lighting conditions.

Yep, the gimbal drifts, no doubt about it. All that has to be fixed in post (great to have 4K resolution to zoom in and tilt).

Again, great footage. Launching and landing from a boat a presume?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop