Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Two red cables protruding from rear of I1P

Reaction score
Website
www.visualchaos.co.uk
hello... Got my new Inspire 1 Pro out of box and going through setup and familiarisation etc as a complete newbe novice. Question: there are two red wires sticking out of the top of the black plastic section on the back. They have a his and hers connectors which makes me think that they should be connected? Anyone know what these are and whether I should connect them? First flight resulted in a crash after pressing home button to test and instead of flying 5m back to me, where it had registered home point, it went left into a tree! Might be me being crap, but feel this might be related to these cables? Any help would be appreciated.

hi and welcome to the forum :) any pics?
sorry to hear about the crash.
hope it is not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi... Thanks for coming back to me... Have solved it this evening! It's the battery connector for the (I assume lipo) battery that is powering the FPV transmitter... I am assuming the supplier left it unconnected to save battery during shipping... Would also explain of course why the FPV monitor wasn't connecting which I thought was a channel problem, but no, once connecting the red terminals FPV monitor works great... Omg hate being a newbe on stuff it's always the obvious thing in the end... So the crash was due to me then.. Ha ha £72 fix to replace gimble vibration plate... So I think I got away with it and learnt to stay away from trees :)

Hi... Thanks for coming back to me... Have solved it this evening! It's the battery connector for the (I assume lipo) battery that is powering the FPV transmitter... I am assuming the supplier left it unconnected to save battery during shipping... Would also explain of course why the FPV monitor wasn't connecting which I thought was a channel problem, but no, once connecting the red terminals FPV monitor works great... Omg hate being a newbe on stuff it's always the obvious thing in the end... So the crash was due to me then.. Ha ha £72 fix to replace gimble vibration plate... So I think I got away with it and learnt to stay away from trees :)

Did you buy a used I1 or a new I1 that you had modified at the dealer you purchased from?

hello... Got my new Inspire 1 Pro out of box and going through setup and familiarisation etc as a complete newbe novice. Question: there are two red wires sticking out of the top of the black plastic section on the back. They have a his and hers connectors which makes me think that they should be connected? Anyone know what these are and whether I should connect them? First flight resulted in a crash after pressing home button to test and instead of flying 5m back to me, where it had registered home point, it went left into a tree! Might be me being crap, but feel this might be related to these cables? Any help would be appreciated.
At 5m out it would not fly back to you when using RTH in any case. It would simply land.
Familiarise yourself with the different actions that occurs with RTH dependant on the distance from the Home point.
All this information is in the manual and/or release notes. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84