Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Uh Oh!... might be new firmware on the way shortly.....

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
DJI have just made an announcement about new versions of DJI Go and firmware and needing to re-login/activate. Applies to all aircraft except standalone A3/N3)

If you update and don't re-login/activate with the new firmware/App then you'll have a restricted flight area around take off point as the aircraft won't know if it's in an unrestricted/non-geogfenced flying area or not. If you activate again, then you can carry on flying as you did before within the limits defined by the local flysafe restrictions/no-fly zones.

I'd guess that if you don't update either firmware or App, then nothing much will change from what you've got right now ;) ....

See their announcements (they're both different links) ->
DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates

I'd hazard a guess that they're acting to place a default safety restriction of 50m/164ft radius and 30m/98ft height if the aircraft can't determine it's location to be free of any geo-fencing restrictions. That will probably stop the tin-foil over the gps trick ;)

Last edited:
I just started reading about this. Seems a little vague and somewhat confusing (probably by design). So If we don't do the activation process then the next time we update the firmware we will be heavily restricted? Really? If that's the case why the hell would any of us go through the activation process. DJI also hasn't said there is any path back, meaning if after whatever timeframe they determine passes, and we then decide to do the "activation" can we then update the firmware and get back whatever new restricted freedom we would have already otherwise had? Hope that last sentence made sense, lol. I finally have all of my drones working correctly and don't want to have to deal with any firmware / activation nonsense. I'm hoping if I do nothing and don't connect to the Internet I'll be okay. They can keep the Spark which I'm sure factors into this. I could care less.

4ed2e6e4b6fe08daa4c34d7353d960df.png

And this is why I haven't update my app and Inspire for almost 2 years.Everything works great and I have a dedicated tablet wich I never cinnect to the internet.And I'm sure that in the future there will be persons or companies who can buy "some kind of ban"which provide us to fly at certain places.Next drone will be selfmade for me.No DJI for me anymore.

And this is why I haven't update my app and Inspire for almost 2 years.Everything works great and I have a dedicated tablet wich I never cinnect to the internet.And I'm sure that in the future there will be persons or companies who can buy "some kind of ban"which provide us to fly at certain places.Next drone will be selfmade for me.No DJI for me anymore.
Frank Wang hates you !

Reactions: huppe
Here it is, the 4.1 Dji go 4. It is a good intention of Dji to keep everybody safe flying Dji UAVs by preventing someone from flying within governor decided unsafe area. And the area is flexible. The NFZ is online rather than bundling it with firmware. It can be ok to fly one day but not the other day. It must be hard for Dji to keep this NFZ control data up to date around the world.
This new Dji Go 4.1 does effect Inspire 2 and all new models using Dji Go 4. Inspire 1 and all Phantom 3 are not included for now. This update may not effect third party software yet.

Last edited:
Here it is, the 4.1 Dji go 4. It is a good intention of Dji to keep everybody safe flying Dji UAVs by preventing someone from flying within governor decided unsafe area. And the area is flexible. The NFZ is online rather than bundling it with firmware. It can be ok to fly one day but not the other day. It must be hard for Dji to keep this NFZ control data up to date around the world.
This new Dji Go 4.1 does effect Inspire 2 and all new models using Dji Go 4. Inspire 1 and all Phantom 3 are not included for now. This update may not effect third party software yet.

I noticed with this new DJI Go 4 app that there is now a "Scan QR Code" above the Academy and Flight Record options. Just out of curiosity I tried to use this to see what would happen after I had relogged into my DJI account and when I tried to scan the QR code on either side of my I2, it said invalid QR code.. Please call the correct code.

Any ideas or thoughts?

That's what I said ;)

Will be interesting to see if you can downgrade the firmware update back to .330 (or whatever it is on your system) on this one, or if it non-downgradable. Think this is one I'll wait out for a bit...
Hey just so you guys know if you didn't you can downgrade with the DJI Assistant app. I rolled my Mavic back the other day when this popped up on my screen! This really aggravated me, I never signed up for this when I spent over $10,000 on Drones for our business from DJI!

816196e164999fde545bac0f9c285a03.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter