Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Un-answered Inspire 2 Questions

Reaction score
With many of you pre-ordering and many others taking a wait and see position, I'm sure you all have some un-answered questions about the I2. While "Whats in the Box" and "Quick Start up Guides" are available on the DJI site, the whole Manual is not yet available so I'm sure questions are out there.

I will start..........

1) The SINESSD memory stick has an operating temperature of 32 to 104 degrees F, however the I2 has an operating temp(heated batteries) of 0 degrees.(-4 some places,+4 others) to 104 degrees F. By placing the SSD stick between the batteries on the I2,will there be enough heat to raise the operating temperature of the SSD to function as designed?

2) Will Images from the I2 be georeferenced ?

If anybody knows the answers or can make a good guestimate, please respond.

Thank you

Reactions: samtheparrot
With many of you pre-ordering and many others taking a wait and see position, I'm sure you all have some un-answered questions about the I2. While "Whats in the Box" and "Quick Start up Guides" are available on the DJI site, the whole Manual is not yet available so I'm sure questions are out there.

I will start..........

1) The SINESSD memory stick has an operating temperature of 32 to 104 degrees F, however the I2 has an operating temp(heated batteries) of 0 degrees.(-4 some places,+4 others) to 104 degrees F. By placing the SSD stick between the batteries on the I2,will there be enough heat to raise the operating temperature of the SSD to function as designed?

2) Will Images from the I2 be georeferenced ?

If anybody knows the answers or can make a good guestimate, please respond.

Thank you

1) Don't know

2) Yes

I cloned a SSD card a while back in a remote holder out of the laptop's USB port and the things get HOT! I doubt if the DJI one is any different and once used, it will be warm. I suspect it is much like some of the M.2 SSD cards out there now for laptops but just in a DJI enclosure. My 1TB SSD Sandisk was about $250, but DJI gets a lot more in the case for theirs, and maybe too much at today's prices.

Reactions: Mete
I've used the x5r SSD's at -10F without a problem. Being between two warm batteries would make me guess the SSD on the x5s will be just fine.

Especially as they are both likely the same brand of SSD that DJI has purchased and re-branded.

No way of knowing for sure but I would say yes, you should have another heat in that port being between the two batteries to keep the SSD in its operating range. We've been noticing that the I2 batteries get nowhere near as hot as the I1 battery would be after a flight but with that being said they are still warm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips