Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unknown error 124

Reaction score
I wish my first post wasn't to ask for help but here I am. I'm a new Inspire 2 owner and I've been unable to do anything with it other than use the X5S as a really expensive webcam. With my Samsung Galaxy Edge S7 and latest DJI Go app I can connect to the drone. The AC firmware was updated--no idea if the remote was during all the confusion but it hasn't notified me as apparently it would if necessary. When everything is set for flight, the indicator light (rear) on the AC just flashes red quickly. In the app on the top left it states 'Cannot take off' and attempting to take off results in the cryptic message: unknown error 124. Contact DJI. I am not in or near a no fly zone and as far as I can tell everything was calibrated correctly. I need to pick up a Ipad Pro for my office anyway but any other thoughts? Somehow I doubt DJI support is available tomorrow so I was hoping for some help! Thanks!

Sean

Reactions: mighty Eagle
Just to clarify...the light on the status indicator (power button) is a solid red but the light at the battery compartment is a fast strobing red. Reinstalled firmware remote and AC with no problems. Calibrated IMU and compass without incident. Still the mystery error when I attempt to take off.

124 is usually one of the battery packs are not inserted correctly, remove both the refit with a good press into to lock them in, make sure all the pins on the craft side are good and clear and you ha e removed the rubber cover.

Reactions: sprange
124 is usually one of the battery packs are not inserted correctly, remove both the refit with a good press into to lock them in, make sure all the pins on the craft side are good and clear and you ha e removed the rubber cover.

I'm not sure how to change the title of the post, but the problem is solved! I just had to really apply pressure to insert the batteries and it works thanks!! My wife doesn't think I am totally crazy now :)

Reactions: Donnie Frank
After updating to the latest I2 firmware (01.01.0200) and DJI App (version 4.1.18) this week (December 2017), the "sensor status" icon is red all the time, and the drone will not fly. Just get 'Cannot take off' status at top of screen and attempting to take off results in the message: unknown error 124. Contact DJI. Tried 2 sets of fully charged batteries, each running the latest firmware. They are plugged in correctly and there are no pins bent. Is this a case of send it back to DJI? Are others with I2 running these versions of software successfully?

Cannot take off.jpg

Incidentally the options in previous versions of the DJI Go app to cache map data and download offline maps are not present in the latest DJI Go4 App for Android, and if you have no WiFi signal at the site you are filming, you are stuffed. Also the "radar" option to show obstacles detected is permanently greyed out and cannot be selected.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan