Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UPDATED: Content Removed ... .

Reaction score
Finally made it over to BIW vicinity and wanted to capture this this ... Ship Highly controversial and extremely ambitious. This is #3 of 3 with DDG 1000 (USS Zumwalt) and DDG 1001 (USS Michael Monsoor) are on station while DDG 1002 is being built as we speak. Note: the quiet water front was due in large part to a labor dispute/strike on the morning of filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXAz2hBIDaY

Do not know if you are interested in C&C but I take my liberty.You might like to look at your monitor colors and calibrate if possible or able to. The colors in the video are off by a fair margin. Kind of cyan-green shift. Horizon is also tilted on most shots. All of this can be addressed in post during editing. Interesting theme and location.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Reaction score
Finally made it over to BIW vicinity and wanted to capture this this ... Ship Highly controversial and extremely ambitious. This is #3 of 3 with DDG 1000 (USS Zumwalt) and DDG 1001 (USS Michael Monsoor) are on station while DDG 1002 is being built as we speak. Note: the quiet water front was due in large part to a labor dispute/strike on the morning of filming.

Nice. Wish you could have gotten closer :)

Reaction score
Do not know if you are interested in C&C but I take my liberty.You might like to look at your monitor colors and calibrate if possible or able to. The colors in the video are off by a fair margin. Kind of cyan-green shift. Horizon is also tilted on most shots. All of this can be addressed in post during editing. Interesting theme and location.
I was going to say the same. There's definitely a green cast that's hard to ignore.

D

Reaction score
Thanks for the note. I agree and I've just re-corrected colors ... it's better but not as good as I'd like. As for the horizon tilt, I'll get to that next. I will replace the version you've seen with this last run so have a look. Thanks again ...

Cam Settings:
4K 23.9fps
Manual mode
100/50
WB 5600
ND32 Filter
DLog
-1,-2, -1 (Sat, Cont, Exp)

Not sure why color correction was such a PIA this time ... but I'll keep trying and learning ... I've calibrated my monitor a while back - this was just hasty, poor color correction on my part.
I use the ColorMunki™ system for calibrating my monitors. Without it, one of my monitors has an insane blue cast to it. I couldn't imagine trying to color correct on such a beast. The ColorMunki™ sytem from X-Rite is not only cost-effective, but it works well.

D

Reaction score
Stay tuned ... working on color and horizon issues ... sorry for posting such a piece of s*&t.

Stay tuned ...

Gonna build this project from the ground up. Several things about it don't please me. Thanks for your observations. Stay tuned ...
Kudos to you for taking the criticism in the spirit with which it was intended. The greatest difference I see between expert and amateurs is how they take criticism. I always see it as an opportunity to learn. Granted, some people just say stupid things. But to dismiss all criticism is a photographer's worst mistake.

Good luck!

D

Reactions: Avocet
Reaction score
UPDATED VERSION as of 6/29L Finally made it over to BIW vicinity and wanted to capture this this ... Ship Highly controversial and extremely ambitious. This is #3 of 3 with DDG 1000 (USS Zumwalt) and DDG 1001 (USS Michael Monsoor) are on station while DDG 1002 is being built as we speak. Note: the quiet water front was due in large part to a labor dispute/strike on the morning of filming.

Much better colors and straighter horizon. Step in the right direction, for sure👍

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the note. I agree and I've just re-corrected colors ... it's better but not as good as I'd like. As for the horizon tilt, I'll get to that next. I will replace the version you've seen with this last run so have a look. Thanks again ...

Cam Settings:
4K 23.9fps
Manual mode
100/50
WB 5600
ND32 Filter
DLog
-1,-2, -1 (Sat, Cont, Exp)

Not sure why color correction was such a PIA this time ... but I'll keep trying and learning ... I've calibrated my monitor a while back - this was just hasty, poor color correction on my part.
Was it shot in h.264 (265) or ProRes?

Reaction score
Inspire 1 v2 ,stock x3 with ND32. Camera settings are posted above ... all edits in FCPX 10.4
There might originate your struggle with colors in the video. D-log and h.264 is broken to the point of unusable on I2 and from footage I've seen and worked with from I1 and x3 (and x5 for that matter), all videos suffered from strong magenta/green cross color cast which is a pain in you know what to correct in post. I would recommemd to stick with D-Cinelike instead. Not as flat as D-log but not as "broken". There is not much to gain by shooting h.264 in D-log with x3 anyway.
You have done very well all considering.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.suaveimagery.com
@Avocet I totally love your shots from this!! But, do be very aware of what you post. See my attached images. Just looking out for fellow pilots. I'm not bashing you in anyway. I'm sure there will be some who take it that way. And yes, it's "visible on Foogle maps, so what' the difference"..I agree, but it's about security, not the visual. The ability to bring a "threat" from a "bad guy" that close unnoticed is not good for any of us hence the regulation. Sorry, I'm a veteran..guess I'm sensitive..lol At any rate, good flying and stay safe!

Attachments

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaz2b