Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updating Firmware / No Micro SD

Reaction score
Hello all.

Well, went away to fly my rig, about to update to the latest firmware onsite and forgot my m-SD media card. Go app is current, every thing else is updated to 1.3.0...

Two questions.

1. Is there away to safely update the components with out an micro-SD?
2. Is it safe to fly with the latest Go app if every thing else is 1.3.0?

Thanks in advance.

SN

Hello all.

Well, went away to fly my rig, about to update to the latest firmware onsite and forgot my m-SD media card. Go app is current, every thing else is updated to 1.3.0...

Two questions.

1. Is there away to safely update the components with out an micro-SD?
2. Is it safe to fly with the latest Go app if every thing else is 1.3.0?
There is no way to update the aircraft or batteries without a MicroSD card. The latest GO app 2.2.0 should operate fine with your aircraft at 1.3.0.0. Next time I recommend that up complete all planned updates at home before you head out.

1. To avoid any problems just update the Inspire with the SD card.(page 60 of your manual)
2.There is no safe way to fly:).Things can always go wrong(lurn to fly in ATTI will help a lot).But to answer your question it is safe to fly with firmware 1.3.0 with latest app.But to use all features you have to install the latest firmware1.4.0
Hope this helps

1. To avoid any problems just update the Inspire with the SD card.(page 60 of your manual)
2.There is no safe way to fly:).Things can always go wrong(lurn to fly in ATTI will help a lot).But to answer your question it is safe to fly with firmware 1.3.0 with latest app.But to use all features you have to install the latest firmware1.4.0
Hope this helps

I had my fingers crossed there may have been a back door though the USB that may have lead to a buffer to park the bin file on for one install cycle. Dare to dream! :) I appreciate the the time both you and Scot have taken.

Thanks Gents.

Gonna go get my atti on!

sn.

Great recommendation :) But there was no time ... Looks like I need to get a back up to my back up SD Card and tape it inside my case. It would seem I left both cards on my desk. On the up side, I am not at a paid gig! :)

Thanks Scotflieger
Good flying. I did not mean to criticise. Updating firmware is not something that I would think of doing in the field. If you hit any problems you risk losing a flight/job, or worse, your aircraft. He engineer in me tends to stick with a configuration that I know works until I have the time to change it when I also have access to computers, the Internet and, of course, some spare MicroSD cards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG