Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

upgrade FPV camera on inspire 2

Reaction score
Website
www.beverlyhillsaerials.com
Anyone have any idea where to buy a higher resolution camera if possible that could be swapped in ?

if not the obvious route would be to install a fixed higher def camera... which I'm already in motion of doing but just seeing if anyone out there has gone down this rabbit hole before.

I'm interested in this as well. I originally thought I'd get used to the low quality, but it's not happening.

I'm interested also. But wonder if there is enough bandwidth to handle both cameras in HD back to the remotes.
Yes if anyone finds out about this please post it so all of us can get in on the action. I definitely would like to find a solution to the low quality of the FPV camera as it would allow me to see where the heck I am while I am up there. So once again if anyone finds the solution please let me know.

Anyone have any idea where to buy a higher resolution camera if possible that could be swapped in ?

if not the obvious route would be to install a fixed higher def camera... which I'm already in motion of doing but just seeing if anyone out there has gone down this rabbit hole before.
I mounted a Connex ProSight. It works great with the tiny Luminier antenna pair... a little better range than stock. You need to get a 6" mmcx extension to make it work. You need to make sure your I2 is set to 2.4GHz, otherwise you'll get horizontal noise pulses in the screen. But, no... I haven't found a direct replacement.

Reactions: DamesNY
I mounted a Connex ProSight. It works great with the tiny Luminier antenna pair... a little better range than stock. You need to get a 6" mmcx extension to make it work. You need to make sure your I2 is set to 2.4GHz, otherwise you'll get horizontal noise pulses in the screen. But, no... I haven't found a direct replacement.
I just bought the Switch antenna system from Titan Drone, Inc. I’ll be installing it when I get home from my vacation. Supposed to be a huge improvement over the stock antenna system with amplified direct and indirect antennas. It’s going to be a hard installation inside the remote but I have done it before so it’ll be fine. Should improve all the video feed and WIFI signals and allow me to get better distance and camera work for my I2.
We’ll see what happens when I get it done??

I just bought the Switch antenna system from Titan Drone, Inc. I’ll be installing it when I get home from my vacation. Supposed to be a huge improvement over the stock antenna system with amplified direct and indirect antennas. It’s going to be a hard installation inside the remote but I have done it before so it’ll be fine. Should improve all the video feed and WIFI signals and allow me to get better distance and camera work for my I2.
We’ll see what happens when I get it done??
It's the limited resolution of the camera that's at the root of the problem. I suppose a cleaner signal may reduce compression blockiness. I'll be very curious to hear the results. Thanks!

Reactions: Phil DeVore
can you please send some pics of the set up? This sounds like the only way until i3 comes out!

It's the limited resolution of the camera that's at the root of the problem. I suppose a cleaner signal may reduce compression blockiness. I'll be very curious to hear the results. Thanks!
I recently purchased the Cendence remote and the installation for it is very simple and I don’t have to get inside to install the Titan which is a huge relief. Unfortunately I haven’t had any flight time with it yet but when I do I’ll definitely let you know what I think about it.

@Phil DeVore
I am also very interested in your Titan Switch antenna results. Would you consider creating a new thread specifically for this topic? Also why the Cendence controller does not require cracking into the controller to install the quick connect output ports but the standard controller does.

Reactions: Black Sky
@Phil DeVore
I am also very interested in your Titan Switch antenna results. Would you consider creating a new thread specifically for this topic? Also why the Cendence controller does not require cracking into the controller to install the quick connect output ports but the standard controller does.
The Cendence has antenna jacks, the standard controller's antennae are hard-wired.

Reactions: Black Sky
@Phil DeVore
I spoke with James at Titan Drone and he told me that all I have to do is use the adapter mounting bracket from them and then simply mount the antenna system onto it without having to open the remote at all. But to answer your question about why you don’t have to with the Cendence but you do have to with the stock remote I don’t know what is different and I am just glad that I don’t have to do it!!. If you have ever opened your remote control you would understand that it’s not as easy as some people say. There’s a lot of electronics inside it and I had to be very careful. Even though there’s a step by step tutorial on how to install the antenna wires I just don’t like getting in there at all!!

Well I was waiting for my Cendence remote to get here so I could mount it on it but I’ll have to wait for awhile. But as soon as I get it I’ll let you know.

Reactions: Eric Braun
@Phil DeVore
I am having a hard time physically right now but after I get feeling better I’ll post a thread about the Titan Switch antenna system and also post some pictures of the whole system once I get it installed. It might be a little while before I get it done. As soon as I get feeling better I’ll do it for you.

Reactions: DamesNY
I am super curious about this project and would really like to see more clearly out of my FPV cam. I am more than capable of modifying one of my I2s with a micro eagle, but I just want to know that it has been done before..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool