Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Upgrade to Inspire 1 Pro. Why???

Reaction score
I own a Phantom 3 Pro and all the stuff you need to enjoy it. I have seen pictures of the Inspire 1 Pro and want one, but would like to know what makes it cost so much and is it worth the extra cost. Please help me make up my mind one way or the other.

Thanks in advance......

Are you a photographer or a RC pilot?

Point and Shoot camera vs DSLR (Mirrorless Micro 4/3) control over image parameters. Optics quality. Interchangeable lens.

Are you a photographer or a RC pilot?

Point and Shoot camera vs DSLR (Mirrorless Micro 4/3) control over image parameters. Optics quality. Interchangeable lens.
Thanks for the info. Come on Inspire pilots I need more info!!!!

whats the difference between the version one and two with the inspire?
It looks the same but V2 has stronger motors, the new quick release props, X5 ready gimbal plate and a newer version of lightbridge. Rumors talk about differences in the remotes (more signal power) for the V2, others say that the "V1" is going sooner or later out of maintenance and is then not longer supported with firmware updates. Again, rumors.

Chris

Reactions: Djshadow
I own a Phantom 3 Pro and all the stuff you need to enjoy it. I have seen pictures of the Inspire 1 Pro and want one, but would like to know what makes it cost so much and is it worth the extra cost. Please help me make up my mind one way or the other.

Thanks in advance......

Better flight performance, better camera, different lenses, 360 gimbal (i think that is the most important one for me!), looks bad *** (i can fap all day to watch the landing gear go up and down) and a lot of other arguments to sugarcoat the money you need additional (landing mode case, shitload of batteries and so on...)

Chris

Reactions: Chris Grazioso

Thanks in advance......

One looks professional and one looks like a toy.
That is the major difference.
If you fly recreationally, go for the toy. If you fly for money, go for the Inspire. It will impress your clients. They'll be Inspired!

They will be more impressed with the footage than the quad!. Id say wait for the next inspire which hopefully will have a pilot camera, grater range, greater duration. Id live it to take two of the existing batteries but that wont happen since DJI force us to buy new ones of they change the shape.

They will be more impressed with the footage than the quad!. Id say wait for the next inspire which hopefully will have a pilot camera, grater range, greater duration. Id live it to take two of the existing batteries but that wont happen since DJI force us to buy new ones of they change the shape.
You won't see much more range in a new inspire version due to restrictions around the world...

Chris

Phantom = hobbyist /
Inspire = Professional / Industrial / MAKING MONEY !!!

They are both Quads. One though is a toy while the other is a professional unit.
Gone are the days when you need to put the thing together such as the outdated MicroKopter brand or even the DJI S1000 or S900 with bigger gimbals for bigger cameras.
Worldwide restrictions are making these big monsters a risky investment. DJI has hit the mark right on with the X5R with RAW for motion picture filming.
The quality of this camera will be just as good as an aerial shot with an F55 on an Octocopter and a lot safer.
However, as I've mentioned before, the X5R in RAW mode is only useful for theatrical release films. Anything for TV you will be very happy with the X3 or X5.
I even made an 8.5 X 11 inch print from a still on my X3 and it looks gorgeous. I even looked at the still on my 4K TV and it looked gorgeous!.

I have used my 'toy' over the inspire on may occasions. Over the sea I'm much happier with a cheaper investment :) I can also travel with the 'toy' very easily, just today it sat next to me on a flight. For me it makes more outings than the inspire. I tend to use the 'toy' to do my first film, check out the hazards and best positions and then use the Inspire Pro afterwards since the X5 shoots way better in my opinion. If I could bolt the X5 on the Phantom when it would be Phantom all day long to be honest. I like the dual controller of the Inspire but have found in reality I just don't use it unless I find a good hover point and then use it for panning shots. I find the controller more accurate than the ipad. Id actually like all the controls on one controller ideally.
Im sure the next inspire will be awesome, its already awesome but for a price and the Phantom 4 just makes the gap even smaller. I wont 'upgrade' to a 4 though since Ive invested in the 3 with 4 batteries, cases, chargers etc.

So, would I upgrade to Inspire 1 or V2? No. The camera offers little gain (from what I have read) unless you go for the Pro. 360 camera is great of course.

One looks professional and one looks like a toy.
That is the major difference.
If you fly recreationally, go for the toy. If you fly for money, go for the Inspire. It will impress your clients. They'll be Inspired!
Very sound advice. I'm not in it for the money . I had an Inspire and got sick of being harassed by onlookers many of whom complained about me flying even though I was within regulations. Sold the Inspire and bought a P3P and haven't had a single complaint and not many people stop - all because it looks like a "toy". Videos and photos are as good as the Inspire with X3

Dang, I would not consider the P3 a "toy". It may look like a plastic toy, but anyone who knows about this quad knows its not "really" a toy. The toys are about $99 in my opinion. I've seen some darn amazing things from a P3 which kinda makes me a bit jealous because I PLUNKED down for the inspire 1.

just sayin'

Very sound advice. I'm not in it for the money . I had an Inspire and got sick of being harassed by onlookers many of whom complained about me flying even though I was within regulations. Sold the Inspire and bought a P3P and haven't had a single complaint and not many people stop - all because it looks like a "toy". Videos and photos are as good as the Inspire with X3

I do understand that less people would harrase ya because of something that looks more consumer-like.

I have the V1 and have been thinking about upgrading my X3 to the X5 . I was told with the weight of the X5 with the old motors it will lose altitude flying in a straight line, My question is with the cost of the X5 upgrade and or selling my V1 and using all that i can just about buy a new Pro .

I have the V1 and have been thinking about upgrading my X3 to the X5 . I was told with the weight of the X5 with the old motors it will lose altitude flying in a straight line, My question is with the cost of the X5 upgrade and or selling my V1 and using all that i can just about buy a new Pro .
Whoever told you that doesn't have a clue how multirotors work and really does not know what they are talking about.
Altitude hold is to do with the flight controller and barometer.
A V1 with an X5 mounting plate will fly just fine.

Reactions: lake_flyer
others say that the "V1" is going sooner or later out of maintenance and is then not longer supported with firmware updates. Again, rumors.
I find that hard to believe.

I was told with the weight of the X5 with the old motors it will lose altitude flying in a straight line
That's not true. The V1 can fly happily with the 300-400grams heavier weight . The V2 motors are only a tiny bit stronger. There's almost no difference. Slightly longer flight times maybe.
I've seen a V1 lift 1kg (without camera gimbal) and more, and still flying straight.

Here's one example on youtube:

Whoever told you that doesn't have a clue how multirotors work and really does not know what they are talking about.
Altitude hold is to do with the flight controller and barometer.
A V1 with an X5 mounting plate will fly just fine.

My local shop told me that info. With the value of my inspire to sell ($1,500) and the cost to upgrade my inspire to the X5 ($2,400)
wouldn't it be better to buy the Pro with the price drop?

My local shop told me that info. With the value of my inspire to sell ($1,500) and the cost to upgrade my inspire to the X5 ($2,400)
wouldn't it be better to buy the Pro with the price drop?
I fly one of the earliest released inspire 1 with x5r. Flies fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc